Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide City Legend

Adelaide City Legend

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide City Legend

I have just checked out an Adelaide link posted by Mr Mover. It was for 'everything adelaide' and this was one of the page links:

http://www.adelaide.citylegends.com/

Bet you wish you were all heading that way now

Can your city top this?

Sindy
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 10:54 am
vidge

hi sindy
nice to talk to someone else that is going to adelaide, going in sept, will have a look at the website, thanks
vidge

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

I go down to Rundle Mall almost every day and have yet to see Johnny. I must be the only person in Adelaide who hasn't seen him yet.

Apparently he often wears a koala rucksack to finish off his ensemble.

Other Adelaide legends include the American man who works at the Clinique make-up counter in Myers - I have lived all over the world and have frequented many Clinique counters and he is the first male I have ever seen working one. Apparently he has lived in Adelaide for 25 years.

I wonder if he is doing it as a statement against Aussie male chauvanism which is alive and well in Adelaide.
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sunlover
I go down to Rundle Mall almost every day and have yet to see Johnny. I must be the only person in Adelaide who hasn't seen him yet.

Apparently he often wears a koala rucksack to finish off his ensemble.

Other Adelaide legends include the American man who works at the Clinique make-up counter in Myers - I have lived all over the world and have frequented many Clinique counters and he is the first male I have ever seen working one. Apparently he has lived in Adelaide for 25 years.

I wonder if he is doing it as a statement against Aussie male chauvanism which is alive and well in Adelaide.
Clinique must have a policy of finding these guys out. Theres one on their counter in House of Fraser in Meadowhall Shopping Centre in Sheffield just the same.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Clinique must have a policy of finding these guys out. Theres one on their counter in House of Fraser in Meadowhall Shopping Centre in Sheffield just the same.
Is he also an American expat who has lived in Sheffield for 25 years ? ?
Old Jun 24th 2003, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sunlover
Is he also an American expat who has lived in Sheffield for 25 years ? ?

How do you know these things?
Old Jun 24th 2003, 1:02 pm
Badge

Hey

I saw this guy - he was at the first day of the 2nd Ashes Test in Adelaide end of November!!!!! Just walked past us on the Hill...

he was wearing a flowry skirt and a shirt!!!

im amazed!!

badgers

Old Jun 27th 2003, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I was quite surprised the other day, I saw Jonny wearing cords, trainers and a jumper! I think just as many people were staring at him, only this time they were the local and not the tourists

Nara
Old Jun 27th 2003, 4:21 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide City Legend

Originally posted by Sindy
I have just checked out an Adelaide link posted by Mr Mover. It was for 'everything adelaide' and this was one of the page links:

http://www.adelaide.citylegends.com/

Bet you wish you were all heading that way now

Can your city top this?

Sindy
Been Adelaide it was the longest 2 weeks in my life I now know what dull is , why Perth was voted most Dull city on the Planet when Adelaide beats it hands down is beyond me , where was this guy then?

Old Jun 27th 2003, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank God pommie bastard's been on my ignore list for the last year, I doubt he's had anything positive to say since then.

I used to visit this forum at least once a day. I stopped about 3 months ago and think I'm a happier person because of it!

Nara

Happy in Adelaide
Old Jun 27th 2003, 4:49 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Nara
Thank God pommie bastard's been on my ignore list for the last year, I doubt he's had anything positive to say since then.

I used to visit this forum at least once a day. I stopped about 3 months ago and think I'm a happier person because of it!

Nara

Happy in Adelaide

Wrap your dreams around you and you will never awake , dream on Australia awaits .

Old Jun 27th 2003, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Wrap your dreams around you and you will never awake , dream on Australia awaits .

This is only meant to be a light hearted, fun post. No sarcasm or critisism needed Chill out PB, you can just smile once in a while

Sindy