Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

adelaide bound ,beach or hills

adelaide bound ,beach or hills

Old Oct 5th 2003, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default adelaide bound ,beach or hills

Hi,Just thought I`d let you folks bound for adelaide see what choices you`ll` have to make.Sat morning I was fishing on this beach at glenelg for a few hours which was fantastic although caught only tiddlers.On sunday coming back from the poms picnic took another pic of glenelg from belair in the hills totally spectacular.Not exactly hobsons choice. but a choice no less.what will yours beach or hills.Or live in the middle and enjoy both for less bucks. jockney
Attached Thumbnails adelaide bound ,beach or hills-skyline.jpg  
Old Oct 5th 2003, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Where did my beach go?? ah there it is!!!
Attached Thumbnails adelaide bound ,beach or hills-pier.jpg  
Old Oct 5th 2003, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: adelaide bound ,beach or hills

Originally posted by jockney
Or live in the middle and enjoy both for less bucks. jockney
Actually some of the most expensive areas in Adelaide are "in the middle" (especially in the Eastern suburbs where easy proximity to the city centre is a big plus).

"The Hills" actually tend to be better value for money and some of the beachside suburbs are still quite reasonable too.

Old Oct 5th 2003, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Sunlover
Actually some of the most expensive areas in Adelaide are "in the middle" (especially in the Eastern suburbs where easy proximity to the city centre is a big plus).

"The Hills" actually tend to be better value for money and some of the beachside suburbs are still quite reasonable too.

Hi point taken,however if for example you consider where I was talking about which was glenelg and belair the suburbs like warradale,marion etc which are in between are half the price.
:
Old Oct 5th 2003, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Hi point taken,however if for example you consider where I was talking about which was glenelg and belair the suburbs like warradale,marion etc which are in between are half the price.
:
I agree with you re. Warradale, Marion, Plympton, Wayville etc. Southern and Western Suburbs are also good value.

However unless you are looking at "absolute beachfront" or a few roads back I don't think Glenelg is really all that expensive. You'd actually pay more in Parkside, Unley or St Georges than you would in Glenelg.

Old Oct 5th 2003, 4:21 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Hi,Just thought I`d let you folks bound for adelaide see what choices you`ll` have to make.Sat morning I was fishing on this beach at glenelg for a few hours which was fantastic although caught only tiddlers.On sunday coming back from the poms picnic took another pic of glenelg from belair in the hills totally spectacular.Not exactly hobsons choice. but a choice no less.what will yours beach or hills.Or live in the middle and enjoy both for less bucks. jockney
Once you've settled in, and IF you buy a 4wd, treat yourself to a trip down to the Coorong, about 2.5 to 3 hours south of Adelaide.

90 Miles of pristine beach, accesible only to 4 wheeldrive, so its generally empty, and home to some FANTASTIC fishing. Monster mulloway, some flathead and great salmon fishing here at certain times of the year.

Pete.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 4:35 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Where did my beach go?? ah there it is!!!
Jockney,
it's when I see pictures like there that I just wonna go there now!!!!!
All I have to do then is wait untill the visa arrives, fly off with the missus, have a baby, fly back, get her UK passport , fly back to Oz and then sort out a job, so I acn buy a place to live in and enjoy the life.

Now feeling pig sick for being in Birmingham in the cold & wet/damp, wishing time would pass by quicker!

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 5th 2003, 9:32 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the fab piccies!!

Will be moving to Adelaide as soon as the house sells and your pictures just help to confirm that we are making the right move.

Where abouts have you settled?

Take care

Sally and family
Old Oct 5th 2003, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by sally1968

Will be moving to Adelaide as soon as the house sells and your pictures just help to confirm that we are making the right move.

Take care

Sally and family
Hello Jockney,

Thanks for thinking of us all and posting the pics. We shall be there very soon. Our next door neighbour put in a very good offer for the house last night. So hopefully we will be walking on that beach before December!!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Jockney,

Get yerself down to Brighton Beach just as nice as Glenelg but not as busy (sunday was chocka). We are at Dover Gardens, near to the westfield mall Marion.

Colin
Old Oct 7th 2003, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sally1968

Take care

Sally and family
We have taken a years rental in south glenelg 50 metres to the beach.If you`ve` not already I suggest you use adelaidebrits on yahoo as well as I have just been to the poms picnic some members organised and it was great.Very informative,loads of tips for new arrivals etc give it a try. jockney
Old Oct 7th 2003, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh forgot to mention sally lots of my rellys live around that area stevenage,welwyn garden and hatfield'
Old Oct 7th 2003, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by colinnsam
Jockney,

Get yerself down to Brighton Beach just as nice as Glenelg but not as busy (sunday was chocka). We are at Dover Gardens, near to the westfield mall Marion.

Colin
Hi colin ,I love brighton beach as well ,the stretch all along here is great.We`ve just taken a rental on the broadway near the esplanade cafe at glenelg south a great walk from here to brighton.jockney
Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jockney, seen that you went to the poms picnic, as I am new to this forum.

Can you tell me how often they hold picnics?

Also do they have many other outings?

Any information would be great, thanks.

Mary. [ PS GREAT PICS. ]
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by mary rayner

Hi Jockney, seen that you went to the poms picnic, as I am new to this forum.

Can you tell me how often they hold picnics?

Also do they have many other outings?

Any information would be great, thanks.

Mary. [ PS GREAT PICS. ]
Hi Mary...i was looking at all the pics on Adelaide Brits tonite. I think this was the first one, but someone said they plan to do another, but no dates yet. Hopefully we will be there for that one!

Nicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.