Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Bound????????

Adelaide Bound????????

Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:43 am
lynsteve

Cool Adelaide Bound????????

Hi everyone, been here in Adelaide 14 years, ex Nottingham. Do you need info on little old Adelaide? Only been on this site since tonight, i know a little slow!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Wotcha,

Where were you before Adelaide?
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:50 am
lynsteve

Cool

Hi Sandra, i know its new years eve but have you started early on the wine??????????????????? I did put Nottingham!! West Bridgford to be exact and my other half from Radford

Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Heading for Adelaide in January, leaving heathrow on the 12th arrive there on the 14th. I will be staying with my brother in Golden grove. where are you and what are the best places to buy in and the ones to avoid
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:03 am
lynsteve

Cool

Golden Grove is excellent to live in, we live next suburb over Modbury Heights. Golden Grove consists of;GG, Wynn Vale Greenwith etc all superb areas. Look on realestate.com.au follow prompts to South Australia, northern suburbs. Stay away from Elizabeth, Salisbury, Parafield to name a few, but ever town has its bad spots.

Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:06 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide Bound????????

Hi lynsteve

Not heading to Adelaide but i'm still over in good old Nottingham (Eastwood) planning on heading to Bris Vegas.

Just thought I would say hi to an ex Nottinghamite.

How you finding Oz/Adelaide compared to the worlds best city (Nottingham )

TT
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tricky Are you a Forest Fan... Up The hammers
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:11 am
lynsteve

Default Adelaide

Mother in law and Brother in law and his wife live in Brissy. We love it up there but not as pretty as Adelaide. More going for it though. Gold Coast just down the road, great for week ends away. Can get humid up there, never above 34oc, not like here 42 last week!! Other Brother in law at Newthorpe Common, just down from you.

Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

What are the schools like? I have 2 Boys 9 and 7, can you recommend any??? In and around the Golden Grove area.Thanks
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:36 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide Bound????????

Originally posted by lynsteve
Hi everyone, been here in Adelaide 14 years, ex Nottingham. Do you need info on little old Adelaide? Only been on this site since tonight, i know a little slow!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Lynsteve

We have just had our visa approval and are now trying to tie everything up over here. We hope to be able to come over in the spring summmer all going well.

It will be nice meeting up with all the expats in adelaide. We for one have no family or friends in Australlia, So it is a major risk we are taking. We would say however that it is a lot more reassuring knowing that there are so many people already with bags of experience living in adelaide willing to give their advice.

On that point could you help with the following.
We have two TV sets over here which cost me £1,700 each. I have asked the question on this forum about getting the TV,s modified to work in Australia. I know it is possible but would you know any TV repairman out there who you could trust.

Anyway have a great new year all the best for 2004.

Cheers.
:PARTY:
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:39 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi HH

I am a Forest fan mate.

Lets not talk about Sunday shall we.

Gonna be a long hard season for us fighting against the drop.
Cant even believe I am thinking of Forest in Div 2.

(a very depressed TT)
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:42 am
Go the BNE Roar

Default Re: Adelaide

I know the Common very well.

I grew up playing on it and all the fields surrounding it (which is now a big housing estate).

Mum and Dad live very close to Newthorpe Common.

TT

Mother in law and Brother in law and his wife live in Brissy. We love it up there but not as pretty as Adelaide. More going for it though. Gold Coast just down the road, great for week ends away. Can get humid up there, never above 34oc, not like here 42 last week!! Other Brother in law at Newthorpe Common, just down from you.

Last edited by TrickyTree; Dec 31st 2003 at 11:00 am.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lovely Adelaide !!

I was born in Adelaide (Erindale) and lived there untill I was 12 and then dragged to England .Hoping to move to Adelaide early 2004 with husband and our two young daughters probebly to Brighton.
When we were on holiday there last year Brighton seemed very nice and close to the centre ? its also close to my bilogical (long story)family .
Cant wait to be back ,lots of great memorys hope it lives up to them for my children !!!
Old Dec 31st 2003, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Golden Grove is excellent to live in, we live next suburb over Modbury Heights
We live in Clearview just down the road as it goes. Just thinking tonight after leaving work when your driving along empty roads with a t-shirt where did it all go so right?

Chain of ponds is one of the best roads on a clear morning up through Kersbrook to Willaimstown. Been here two years after leaving Bristol, no regrets so far!