Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Botanic Garden & Park

Adelaide Botanic Garden & Park

Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:29 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Adelaide Botanic Garden & Park

A loverly place to spend a day - especially during weekdays - take a rug and cut lunch.

Adelaide Botanic Garden
Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide Botanic Garden & Park

Originally posted by Megalania
A loverly place to spend a day - especially during weekdays - take a rug and cut lunch.

Adelaide Botanic Garden
I'd agree, very lovely. We're going there this Sunday in fact. Although, I don't think I'll be cutting anybody's lunch!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

The cafe next to the pond makes wonderful smoked salmon salads. It's one of our favourite Saturday afternoon lunches.

The only thing I don't like about the Botanic Gardens is the number of "native" rats running around. They look just like normal rats to me but are apparently protected from culling due to their "native" status. They can be very brazen and in winter run around underneath the tables looking for scraps to eat.

:scared:
Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:41 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I'd definatly agree, its a wonderful place. I've only been there once as yet, and i had only got off a 24 hour flight a few hours before so i would'nt have been particularly perky, but i do remember it as one of the sights in Adelaide i really enjoyed.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going for dinner in the restaurant next month. I'm looking forward to checking it out, because I think it would be a lovely wedding reception venue (although at this rate it's not looking like it's going happen for at least 3 years).

The rainforest structure is rather interesting, although pretty humid, so not much fun on a hot day.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

The Botanic Gardens is also an extremely popular place for the big family picnic on Christmas Day.

Just on a sour note though - watch what your kids pick up there - it is a haunt of the gay community, and the homeless sleep in between the roots of those huge rubber trees. Tell your kids not to pick up ANYTHING!