Adelaide

Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mitra and Ahura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by Wendy
You met E?! - we aren't all as nutty as her - honest (Only kidding, I love her really )

We are meeting at 10:30am in the city, just behind the Telstra building. We will be there for a good few hours, probably around 1:30 - 2pm ish. Tell work you have a blinding headache when you get in there in the morning, and leave at 11am Full details are in the meet up forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553737

I have met a lot more Poms here that love Adelaide than ones that don't

Yes I met her! she was lovely bless her even though I was late to meet her as was first time i ever took a bus in adelaide! felt so bad!

i replied in your coffee meet thread that I dont think i could make it because of work but thanks for inviting me, so thoughtful of you. Would love to make the next one if its after work or weekend. have a great time xxx
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitra and Ahura
Yes I met her! she was lovely bless her even though I was late to meet her as was first time i ever took a bus in adelaide! felt so bad!

i replied in your coffee meet thread that I dont think i could make it because of work but thanks for inviting me, so thoughtful of you. Would love to make the next one if its after work or weekend. have a great time xxx

We'll sort something out Do you have E's contact details or does she have yours? Then I can get in touch with you even if you don't get on here.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for all the reasurring replies! I think if someone asked me what school I went to I would say "sorry mate, it was so long ago i dont even remember! harr!"

Farideh, good to hear that you miss adelaide after living in the Gold Coast which from what I hear is supossed to be a very exciting place. May I ask, are you persian? My auntie is called Farideh!

Thanks for the invite Wendy. I met up with Pinkie and she told me you were lovely and so helpful! Told her I would be interested in coming to the next meet up. I will be working in North Adelaide on Friday. What time is the meet and Where? also how long will you all be down there for? I think it would be easier if i knew some people here. Its anoying because we actually have many friends and relatives in OZ but they are all in Sydney!

If anyone knows anything about starting businesses here I would greatly appreciate it.

Good to hear positive stuff about living in Adelaide
Hi Mitra, once you meet Wendy & the gang nobody measure's up with them, she is the best.
Gold Coast is really lovely place but its not for us, I never felt settle here, one day I'll be back.

Yes I am are you?
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Hi Mitra, once you meet Wendy & the gang nobody measure's up with them, she is the best.
Gold Coast is really lovely place but its not for us, I never felt settle here, one day I'll be back.

Yes I am are you?
ahhh wendy seems so nice and helpful. even when we were in uk and would ask questions on this site she was the first to offer advice.

I am half iranian, half english and A is full iranian. we were missing chelo kebab as we coulnt find any iranian restaurants here but the other day we discovered a massive persian supermarket with a restaurant upstairs! we got so excited it was a bit sad really

also found out there are all these iranian concerts going on here!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

We budgeted also for being out of work for at least 12 mths, I got temp work also, then offered 2 governement positions, although very grateful of those jobs, not what I wanted, but i still took one of them to help with funds, hubby went for anything and everything, was just unlucky I suppose, some employers were very patronising and thought they had the power of a prime minister I found that most people in Adelaide reluctant to help,this is just my opinion, I didnt meet very many genuine ppl there, the few I did meet we stay in touch, Adelaide itself, is a lovely place to live!

Bluekipper
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh wendy seems so nice and helpful. even when we were in uk and would ask questions on this site she was the first to offer advice.

I am half iranian, half english and A is full iranian. we were missing chelo kebab as we coulnt find any iranian restaurants here but the other day we discovered a massive persian supermarket with a restaurant upstairs! we got so excited it was a bit sad really

also found out there are all these iranian concerts going on here!
Salam Mitra va Ahura then I was about to say are you kidding me, there is one, when we were in Adelaide they were building it but the supermarket was just opened.
I have been to 2 Persian restaurant here one GC & another in Brisbane, but they just dont know how to do it right they need to go london for training.
So were about in Adelaide have you moved to, do you any children?
I'm only a bit nosey because I'm pure breed, like your OH.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bluekipper
We budgeted also for being out of work for at least 12 mths, I got temp work also, then offered 2 governement positions, although very grateful of those jobs, not what I wanted, but i still took one of them to help with funds, hubby went for anything and everything, was just unlucky I suppose, some employers were very patronising and thought they had the power of a prime minister I found that most people in Adelaide reluctant to help,this is just my opinion, I didnt meet very many genuine ppl there, the few I did meet we stay in touch, Adelaide itself, is a lovely place to live!

Bluekipper
This what I've found on the GC patronising & reluctant to help & if they can rip you off they will, never met bunch of crook people all in one city, & all those I met in SA was so helpful, how funny is that.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

This what I've found on the GC patronising & reluctant to help & if they can rip you off they will, never met bunch of crook people all in one city, & all those I met in SA was so helpful, how funny is that.

Yep its just unfortunate, you cant help the ppl you meet, makes you realise, your best to stay strong and not rely on anybody!

Still stand by what I say, adelaide is lovely, if you have the job you enjoy and a happy work/life balance

Bluekipper
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe that's because you met Julia and me we must make Adelaide a better place

Hurry up and come home Farideh, I miss you
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Yep its just unfortunate, you cant help the ppl you meet, makes you realise, your best to stay strong and not rely on anybody!

Still stand by what I say, adelaide is lovely, if you have the job you enjoy and a happy work/life balance

Bluekipper
I dont doubt you, not every city, State or country is going to work everybody, we are lucky that we can move around, it must be very hard if you cant.

F
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe that's because you met Julia and me we must make Adelaide a better place

Hurry up and come home Farideh, I miss you
Chris has been applying for so many jobs, so hopefully we might get one, so kepp your fingers, legs, eyes what else is left to cross, otherwise I just have to move to Melbourne & drive Reedy crazy, I have to get out of GC, its killing me.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Wendy, E has my mobile number, ask her to give it to you. Funny calling her E! Hope u ladies have a great time and think of me working hard and trying to readjust to working life after over 2 months of bumdom.

Salam Mitra va Ahura then I was about to say are you kidding me, there is one, when we were in Adelaide they were building it but the supermarket was just opened.
I have been to 2 Persian restaurant here one GC & another in Brisbane, but they just dont know how to do it right they need to go london for training.
So were about in Adelaide have you moved to, do you any children?
I'm only a bit nosey because I'm pure breed, like your OH.
Salam, khoshal shod am! Their business is doing very well, everytime we are in there (every week, sad I know) its busy and there is a queue for the till. They have even started hiring belly daners for the restaurant! We havent been yet but plan to on a saturday. I know what u mean about the iranian food in london, its the best! but there, all the iranians know the best one from word of mouth so everyone goes there! Am keeping fingers crossed about this one. The lovely girl that works there told me that the chef is on of the best from Sydney (but u know how Iranians exagerate!) so will let u know once we have sampled their wares.

lol its so true about Iranians being so curious about things! We have no children, its just the 2 of us! Did you move here from London? What made u guys want to move? (also have iranian nosiness in my genes) We live in Kensington Gardens near Norwood. Its quite a nice area.

What is it about GC that you dont like (iranian nosiness again!)
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Chris has been applying for so many jobs, so hopefully we might get one, so kepp your fingers, legs, eyes what else is left to cross, otherwise I just have to move to Melbourne & drive Reedy crazy, I have to get out of GC, its killing me.
It's all crossed mate, been that way since you left - I've put on 15 stone in weight cos I can't go to the loo

Wendy, E has my mobile number, ask her to give it to you. Funny calling her E! Hope u ladies have a great time and think of me working hard and trying to readjust to working life after over 2 months of bumdom.

Salam, khoshal shod am! Their business is doing very well, everytime we are in there (every week, sad I know) its busy and there is a queue for the till. They have even started hiring belly daners for the restaurant! We havent been yet but plan to on a saturday. I know what u mean about the iranian food in london, its the best! but there, all the iranians know the best one from word of mouth so everyone goes there! Am keeping fingers crossed about this one. The lovely girl that works there told me that the chef is on of the best from Sydney (but u know how Iranians exagerate!) so will let u know once we have sampled their wares.

lol its so true about Iranians being so curious about things! We have no children, its just the 2 of us! Did you move here from London? What made u guys want to move? (also have iranian nosiness in my genes) We live in Kensington Gardens near Norwood. Its quite a nice area.

What is it about GC that you dont like (iranian nosiness again!)
I'm gonna have my work cut out with you two aren't I
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

It's all crossed mate, been that way since you left - I've put on 15 stone in weight cos I can't go to the loo

I'm gonna have my work cut out with you two aren't I
LOL Wendy you are a joker!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Wendy;6687959]It's all crossed mate, been that way since you left - I've put on 15 stone in weight cos I can't go to the loo

LOOOOOOOOOOL, you are good, no wonder I'm missing you, missing your sense of humor, where is Julie I dont see her, is she checking that horse out? , is that the reason I have put on weight then, & that has nothing to do with me not going to the loo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.