Adelaide

Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough
Default Adelaide

Hi all we are Tony And Helen currently live in Shirley UK hoping to move to Adelaid although at 45 i am too old Helen is 40 and has qualifications in child care which she has worked in for 20 years,does anyone know if i will be able to travel as husband being (45) on wifes visa.
Are there jobs in childcare nursery avaliable in Adelaid.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by tonyhelen
Hi all we are Tony And Helen currently live in Shirley UK hoping to move to Adelaid although at 45 i am too old Helen is 40 and has qualifications in child care which she has worked in for 20 years,does anyone know if i will be able to travel as husband being (45) on wifes visa.
Are there jobs in childcare nursery avaliable in Adelaid.

Yes, you go on the same visa as your wife as her spouse.

Look on www.seek.com.au and www.careerone.com.au for jobs
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes, you go on the same visa as your wife as her spouse.

Look on www.seek.com.au and www.careerone.com.au for jobs
Thank you wendy i was worried that at 45 i would not be able to go.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyhelen
Thank you wendy i was worried that at 45 i would not be able to go.

It's only a hassle if it's the main applicant, but even those over 45 can get sponsorship in certain cases.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

If your wife can get assessed as a Child Care Co-ordinator (this means that she directs the activities of a child care centre or service) then she can claim 15 points for MODL (occupations in demand).

If this is not possible then she will have to be assessed as a teacher.

If you are falling short of points then you may have to consider a state sponsorship. From memory Victoria currently offers sponsorship to pre-primary and primary school teachers.

Cheers
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Veronika
If your wife can get assessed as a Child Care Co-ordinator (this means that she directs the activities of a child care centre or service) then she can claim 15 points for MODL (occupations in demand).

If this is not possible then she will have to be assessed as a teacher.

If you are falling short of points then you may have to consider a state sponsorship. From memory Victoria currently offers sponsorship to pre-primary and primary school teachers.

Cheers
Many thanks wendy and Veronika for your input will make some enquiries and fingers crossed its Adelaide for us.