Wikiposts

Adelaide

Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all
Default Adelaide

Having just found out that my family are 5 points short, but then told that we are able to still come over and live in SA under the Skilled Regional Independent visa, I now need some help!

From what I can see, Adelaide looks like a nice place, but obviously, having never been there before, I would like to know the nicer parts to live!
we are planning a trip there in a few months time to get a feel for th place, but any help now would be appreciated.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by seat151
Having just found out that my family are 5 points short, but then told that we are able to still come over and live in SA under the Skilled Regional Independent visa, I now need some help!

From what I can see, Adelaide looks like a nice place, but obviously, having never been there before, I would like to know the nicer parts to live!
we are planning a trip there in a few months time to get a feel for th place, but any help now would be appreciated.

It's a really hard question to answer. Probably be able to help more with some info.

Do you want to be near the beach, the hills, the city?
What work do you do?
Do you need to be near public transport?
How old are your kids?

Anything else you can think of that will help us narrow it down would be great.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
It's a really hard question to answer. Probably be able to help more with some info.

Do you want to be near the beach, the hills, the city?
What work do you do?
Do you need to be near public transport?
How old are your kids?

Anything else you can think of that will help us narrow it down would be great.
OK, here goes!

Location wise, I like the idea of being near a beach. Having lived in London all my life, a beach sounds more appealling!

I am a mobile phone engineer, my wife is a primary school teacher. We both drive, but I do like to use public transport where ever pssible. We have a son, who is 8, so by the time we do get over there, he will be nearly 10.

Accomodation wise, we would be looking at a 3 bed (minimum) house to buy/rent.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seat151
OK, here goes!

Location wise, I like the idea of being near a beach. Having lived in London all my life, a beach sounds more appealling!

I am a mobile phone engineer, my wife is a primary school teacher. We both drive, but I do like to use public transport where ever pssible. We have a son, who is 8, so by the time we do get over there, he will be nearly 10.

Accomodation wise, we would be looking at a 3 bed (minimum) house to buy/rent.

Nice suburbs near the beach (in my opinion) are:

Seaford & Seaford rise
Moana
Haletts Cove
Brighton
West Beach
West Lakes

There's loads more, but they should give you a start and someone else will probably be able to suggest some too.

And welcome to the site BTW
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seaford & Seaford rise
Moana
Haletts Cove
Brighton
West Beach
West Lakes

There's loads more, but they should give you a start and someone else will probably be able to suggest some too.

Thanks for the help and welcome!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

lee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
log on to Adelaidebrits you will get lots of information on there.
cheers
Myrtle,Tony,Callum
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:42 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Seaford & Seaford rise
Moana
Haletts Cove
Brighton
West Beach
West Lakes

I'll add Woodcroft ,Aberfoyle Park,Flagstaff Hill,Happy Valley and Onkaparinga Hills (where I live)
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:15 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

i can definately west beach ... we stayed just off the main beach road about a month ago and it was absolutely fantastic!

we have family that we visited in klemzig, greenwith and Elizabeth, and i know elizabeth sometimes get a bit of a slating but we found it ok.

sue
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

How much would it cost for a 3/4 bedded house in an Adelaide coastal town now ? Are prices going up ??
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by melaniee
How much would it cost for a 3/4 bedded house in an Adelaide coastal town now ? Are prices going up ??

Depends which town, you can get one from as little as about $300k up to about 2 million.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Thanks Wendy,

Any recommended coastal towns under 400 or in the hills ?

Depends which town, you can get one from as little as about $300k up to about 2 million.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Wendy,

Any recommended coastal towns under 400 or in the hills ?

I quite like Seaford, you'd probably get something there within your budget (obviously depending on the size of house etc). Maybe Hallets cove, but I've not been there.

For the hills, I'm not really sure as I didn't look there at all and I haven't looked at the others for a while, so can't think of any more just now

Will probably go through the paper tomorrow, so I'll have a look and see what's about.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks so much-not after a new estate, something older ......

I quite like Seaford, you'd probably get something there within your budget (obviously depending on the size of house etc). Maybe Hallets cove, but I've not been there.

For the hills, I'm not really sure as I didn't look there at all and I haven't looked at the others for a while, so can't think of any more just now

Will probably go through the paper tomorrow, so I'll have a look and see what's about.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks so much-not after a new estate, something older ......

OK, will see what there is.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

These are all the houses in Adelaide that are under $400k.

http://adelaidenow.realestate.com.au...arehouse&o=def

I can't find my UBD map, so can't narrow it down cos I can't remember where everything is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.