British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   adelaide (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/adelaide-434418/)

karm Mar 13th 2007 8:13 pm

adelaide

hi
a m8 of mine was asking wer i was moving too the other day so i said to him adelaide,he then said wots it like there?but i could not answer him as i have not been lol however i said i wud put it on here and see wot reply i wud get pls help me so i cud tell him ty

ivanjjordan Mar 13th 2007 8:49 pm

Re: adelaide

i dont know either matey hope to b havin a look though in a couple of months

Katsmajics other half !!! Mar 13th 2007 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by karm (Post 4514729)
hi
a m8 of mine was asking wer i was moving too the other day so i said to him adelaide,he then said wots it like there?but i could not answer him as i have not been lol however i said i wud put it on here and see wot reply i wud get pls help me so i cud tell him ty

Check out a websiote called Adelaidebound its full of some really useful info, webcams pics etc etc.

we are heading out to Adelaide too we have never been but i have a friend there who says its an amazing place, we are going to go somewhat blind and take everything as it comes.

karm Mar 13th 2007 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by ivanjjordan (Post 4514937)
i dont know either matey hope to b havin a look though in a couple of months

is that when your going over there ?
I take it your a joiner too

karm Mar 13th 2007 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!! (Post 4514956)
Check out a websiote called Adelaidebound its full of some really useful info, webcams pics etc etc.

we are heading out to Adelaide too we have never been but i have a friend there who says its an amazing place, we are going to go somewhat blind and take everything as it comes.

ty for the website ill have a proper look at it after life on mars lol

ivanjjordan Mar 13th 2007 9:04 pm

yep been smackin nails in for a while my right arm is huge , doin adelaide , brisbane and been told ive got to go to perth by the wife dont think we can afford to buy there

ivanjjordan Mar 13th 2007 9:09 pm

where abouts in warrington r u

karm Mar 13th 2007 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by ivanjjordan (Post 4515065)
where abouts in warrington r u

great sankey m8 hopfully going to adelaide in a few months
I take it you live near?

welshpom Mar 13th 2007 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by karm (Post 4514729)
hi

There's some basic info here, http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Adelaide with links to lots more.

ivanjjordan Mar 13th 2007 9:17 pm

runcorn, have u got ur visa ? ive just sent me meds off and police checks as soon as me visa is here we is off to get it stamped , have u got any kids ?

ivanjjordan Mar 13th 2007 9:19 pm

that looks like a good site welshpom put in cheers

karm Mar 13th 2007 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by ivanjjordan (Post 4515127)
runcorn, have u got ur visa ? ive just sent me meds off and police checks as soon as me visa is here we is off to get it stamped , have u got any kids ?

sent meds and police check off 2 weeks ago my agent says it will be about another 6 to 7 weeks for my reply then all i have to do is fly over and get settled over there
no kids just a dog and myself

welshpom Mar 13th 2007 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by karm (Post 4515217)
then all i have to do is fly over and get settled over there no kids just a dog and myself

Are you sending the dog over before you, the same time, or later ?

You may have trouble finding a rental that'll allow you to have a dog in the house. I left my dog behind for a few extra weeks to give me more time to find somewhere we could both live. Also, your dog will have to go to Melbourne for quarantine, you'll have to go fetch him/her.

Good luck !

karm Mar 13th 2007 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by welshpom (Post 4515286)
Are you sending the dog over before you, the same time, or later ?

You may have trouble finding a rental that'll allow you to have a dog in the house. I left my dog behind for a few extra weeks to give me more time to find somewhere we could both live. Also, your dog will have to go to Melbourne for quarantine, you'll have to go fetch him/her.

Good luck !

hi m8
im sending the dog over hopfully 2/3 days before me, hes going with petairuk,they will be sorting out most of the paper work and they have put me intouch with internal flights from mel to adelaide the company that im useing for that is jet pets so all i have to do is to pick him up ater the 30 days in adelaide
As for rental im hoping the free meet and greet people will help on that,not got round to talk to them yet tho
thanks for the good luck tho i think i might need it