Adelaide

Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:17 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all
Default Adelaide

Has any one used the adelaide goverment meet and great service and the council housing offer for six mth of accomodation.

cheers steve
Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

RachaelW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide

Hi
I've not used these services but you might be best asking on the Poms in Adelaide Forum: www.pomsinadelaide.com it's a great site and everyone on there is sooooo helpful. Also if you're going to Adelaide www.adelaidebound.com is a good site.
Hope this helps
Rachael.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:53 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RachaelW
Hi
I've not used these services but you might be best asking on the Poms in Adelaide Forum: www.pomsinadelaide.com it's a great site and everyone on there is sooooo helpful. Also if you're going to Adelaide www.adelaidebound.com is a good site.
Hope this helps
Rachael.
Thanks Rachael i will check out the sites thanks again

steve
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:48 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevelaird
Has any one used the adelaide goverment meet and great service and the council housing offer for six mth of accomodation.

cheers steve
We used both meet and greet and on arrival accomodations. The accom is not for 6 months, but up to 12 weeks and it is a real luck of the draw whether or not you will get a place. You have to apply early with your flight details, at least 6 weeks prior to your arrival. The house we had was north of the city near Tea Tree Plaza, right on a bus route. It was sparsley furnished, but clean and had all we needed for the first few weeks while we found a rental. We had to buy a TV so the kids didn't go crazy and we did bring our own bedding as it's not provided, but otherwise it was fine.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:56 pm
visa granted 6th August

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We used both meet and greet and on arrival accomodations. The accom is not for 6 months, but up to 12 weeks and it is a real luck of the draw whether or not you will get a place. You have to apply early with your flight details, at least 6 weeks prior to your arrival. The house we had was north of the city near Tea Tree Plaza, right on a bus route. It was sparsley furnished, but clean and had all we needed for the first few weeks while we found a rental. We had to buy a TV so the kids didn't go crazy and we did bring our own bedding as it's not provided, but otherwise it was fine.
Thanks Dorothy

what was the area like that thay put you in what i scared of is getting me and my family put in some council ghetto with drug dealers and crime right next door.

cheers steve
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:00 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dorothy

what was the area like that thay put you in what i scared of is getting me and my family put in some council ghetto with drug dealers and crime right next door.

cheers steve

thats meet and greet uk style
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dorothy

cheers steve
The area we were in was nice. Like I said, the house was sparse but clean. The only areas in Adelaide I would say to avoid are Elizabeth or Noarlunga. Elizabeth in the north and Noarlunga in the south are a little dodgy, but I don't think there are any OAA houses in either.
As for your "coucil ghetto with drug dealers and crime next door", you could get that anywhere. The CEO of Enron was a criminal and certainly didn't live in any "ghetto".
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:19 pm
visa granted 6th August

The area we were in was nice. Like I said, the house was sparse but clean. The only areas in Adelaide I would say to avoid are Elizabeth or Noarlunga. Elizabeth in the north and Noarlunga in the south are a little dodgy, but I don't think there are any OAA houses in either.
As for your "coucil ghetto with drug dealers and crime next door", you could get that anywhere. The CEO of Enron was a criminal and certainly didn't live in any "ghetto".
Yes i understand that Dorothy but i dont think that i was wrong to ask the question as i look at the safety of my family as being paramount to anything that i decide for them as a loving father.

cheers steve
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:26 pm
Still alive

Yes i understand that Dorothy but i dont think that i was wrong to ask the question as i look at the safety of my family as being paramount to anything that i decide for them as a loving father.

cheers steve
My point was that you can get good and bad people in every area of any city. Adelaide for the most part is pretty safe, though. The houses the OAA give you to use are in neighbourhoods spread all over the area. Ours was in the northeast while other people have been in the CBD. It really depends on whether or not one is available for you to use and if one is available, where it might be. They do try to accomodate your preferences but there are a limited number of low cost accomodations available and a very large number of applicants for each of them.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:29 pm
visa granted 6th August

My point was that you can get good and bad people in every area of any city. Adelaide for the most part is pretty safe, though. The houses the OAA give you to use are in neighbourhoods spread all over the area. Ours was in the northeast while other people have been in the CBD. It really depends on whether or not one is available for you to use and if one is available, where it might be. They do try to accomodate your preferences but there are a limited number of low cost accomodations available and a very large number of applicants for each of them.
Thanks for the advice dorothy
cheers steve
Old Mar 14th 2007, 5:47 pm
visa granted 6th August

Thanks for the advice dorothy
cheers steve
Has any one else used these services

steve
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

Has any one else used these services

steve
Although I haven't used it personally, my mate did. She got the meet n' greet only, no accommodation. They met her at the airport, took them to their accommodation, stayed with them for a while answering Q's and giving general advice - came back next day and went through Medicare/Shopping Tax Number/Utillities/Schooling/Areas. Any q they asked was answered basically. Also gave them a number for Emergencies. Friends comments"priceless service - couldn't have coped without it" They didn't know anyone out there at all!! Also they stayed at Midway aprtments slightly south of Adelaide Centre - only 1 bedroom apartments though (sleep 4 tops)!!

Hope that helps

Niz
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:37 pm
visa granted 6th August

Originally Posted by Nizcac
Although I haven't used it personally, my mate did. She got the meet n' greet only, no accommodation. They met her at the airport, took them to their accommodation, stayed with them for a while answering Q's and giving general advice - came back next day and went through Medicare/Shopping Tax Number/Utillities/Schooling/Areas. Any q they asked was answered basically. Also gave them a number for Emergencies. Friends comments"priceless service - couldn't have coped without it" They didn't know anyone out there at all!! Also they stayed at Midway aprtments slightly south of Adelaide Centre - only 1 bedroom apartments though (sleep 4 tops)!!

Hope that helps

Niz
Thanks niz thats the kind of info i was looking for its appreceated thanks again. Any one else got any more info on these services.

cheers steve