Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this Adelaide?

Is this Adelaide?

Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:17 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this Adelaide?

Looking on Google for pictures of Adelaide and saw this one..it looks more like Sydney to me! IS it really Adelaide?

Last edited by lucyb; Aug 5th 2004 at 5:22 am.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:19 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Laff: that's definitely Sydney. That's the Coathanger smack there in the middle.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:21 am

Originally posted by Ulujain
Laff: that's definitely Sydney. That's the Coathanger smack there in the middle.

Wheres the Opera House then?? Did you get checked out by the Doc then? I havent seen a post from you regarding that...I hope you are ok now......
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:25 am
o_0

You took the picture out, so I can't tell you where the Opera House is.

Re: my health. It was just stress, according to the doctor.

Last edited by Ulujain; Aug 5th 2004 at 5:28 am.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:25 am

sorry trying to make the picture smaller to save those of you without broadband!

Last edited by lucyb; Aug 5th 2004 at 7:41 am.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:26 am

oh bloody hell!! It's not working...how do I make it smaller????
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:26 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by lucyb
Wheres the Opera House then?? Did you get checked out by the Doc then? I havent seen a post from you regarding that...I hope you are ok now......
You cant see it in that angle. There definitely ain't no bridge like that in Adelaide though

http://images.google.com.au/images?h...harbour+bridge
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:28 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind Sydney looks more like the Tyne Bridge to me!!

Walla
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:28 am
o_0

See that white bit under the rightmost part of the bridge? That's the Opera House.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:31 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Like this??
Attached Thumbnails Is this Adelaide?-resize-aad.jpg  
Old Aug 5th 2004, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by walla1
Never mind Sydney looks more like the Tyne Bridge to me!!

Walla
Not surprising, this was taken from http://www.ianhardy.net/tynebridge.php

The Tyne bridge was designed by Mott, Hay and Anderson of London who based their design on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This in turn derived its design from the Hell Gate Bridge in New York. Many people think that the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Australia was based on the Tyne Bridge. This is not the case, work started on the Sydney Bridge before building began on the Tyne Bridge. The confusion arises because the Sydney Harbour Bridge took longer to complete due to its larger size. The Sydney Harbour Bridge finally opened in 1932, three years after the Tyne Bridge.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 9:32 am
o_0

Originally posted by Trevglas
Not surprising, this was taken from http://www.ianhardy.net/tynebridge.php

The Tyne bridge was designed by Mott, Hay and Anderson of London who based their design on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This in turn derived its design from the Hell Gate Bridge in New York. Many people think that the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Australia was based on the Tyne Bridge. This is not the case, work started on the Sydney Bridge before building began on the Tyne Bridge. The confusion arises because the Sydney Harbour Bridge took longer to complete due to its larger size. The Sydney Harbour Bridge finally opened in 1932, three years after the Tyne Bridge.
Dunno if it is relevant, but it was a Middlesbrough-based firm that built the Harbour Bridge.