Adelaide

Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

FedupwithUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide

Can anyone advise as to the best place to live that is not overpriced?? We are lookin to move to next year.

Cheers
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Aren't the best places always overpriced??!

I am not too sure where we want to settle in Adelaide yet - but think that the north and east suburbs are nice.

Glenelg and vicinity are perhaps a notch dearer than most areas.

unless anyone else disagrees...
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

FedupwithUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Olive101

I am not too sure where we want to settle in Adelaide yet - but think that the north and east suburbs are nice.

Glenelg and vicinity are perhaps a notch dearer than most areas.

unless anyone else disagrees...

Cheers,was lookin at Burton, or Northgate
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:03 pm
wombat42

All the houses in Adelaide are relatively cheap as long as you don't want to close to the city , the beach, or the foothill suburbs.

Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:03 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Olive101
LOL True
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:07 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally posted by FedupwithUK
Can anyone advise as to the best place to live that is not overpriced?? We are lookin to move to next year.

Cheers
Try visiting this site:
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx

....it's made for you.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bix
Try visiting this site:
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx

....it's made for you.

Nice one Bix, I was just sat here trying to remember the web address and you come up good.

We are looking at Golden Grove, Modbury Heights and Tea Tree Gully.

My brother lives in Oakden (North/East) close to Enfield. Its a up and coming area, good links to the city, lots of shopping malls and schools close by.

Jo
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:16 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by steve-n-jo
Nice one Bix, I was just sat here trying to remember the web address and you come up good.

My brother lives in Oakden (North/East) close to Enfield. Its a up and coming area, good links to the city, lots of shopping malls and schools close by.

Jo
Jo,

Good people on that site who will give you all the advice you need about Adelaide life.
................but don't desert us as we are good too
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bix
Jo,

Good people on that site who will give you all the advice you need about Adelaide life.
................but don't desert us as we are good too

Bix

I think I'll be here forever....... Your posts cause much enjoyment in this household and of course excellent information

Jo
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:30 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Jo
Snap! That's where I'm looking too - thinking the Obahn will be very handy for working in the CBD.

Seen anything you like yet? When is it that you're heading over to Adelaide?

I'm off in September, hoping the ideal house will present itself just after I arrive.

Elaine M
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:38 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix

I think I'll be here forever....... Your posts cause much enjoyment in this household and of course excellent information

Jo
Shucks Jo - now you made me all embarrassed
(but not speechless)
Attached Images  
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Elaine,
There are some very reasonable starter homes in Adelaide but I'm not sure if you can arrange a mortgage on them until you get there .....................
Attached Images  
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:53 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Bix,

I'm looking into this at the moment.

Been advised to contact a mortgage broker as it is possible to arrange a mortgage before arrival if one has a decent deposit and therefore the risk to the lender is less......

Just need to find the right house; didn't think I was that picky but not yet spotted the ideal house in my price range!

Elaine M
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Elaine M
Hi Bix,

I'm looking into this at the moment.

Been advised to contact a mortgage broker as it is possible to arrange a mortgage before arrival if one has a decent deposit and therefore the risk to the lender is less......

Just need to find the right house; didn't think I was that picky but not yet spotted the ideal house in my price range!

Elaine M
Be careful though. At the York emigration fair thingy a couple of weeks back a geezer tried to railroad us into a mortgage before we left. Can't remember his details because I binned his card immediately but he tried to fill us with scare stories about needing 2 years Oz credit history before a bank would touch us and that he could get us 'a great deal'.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Elaine M
Snap! That's where I'm looking too - thinking the Obahn will be very handy for working in the CBD.

Seen anything you like yet? When is it that you're heading over to Adelaide?

I'm off in September, hoping the ideal house will present itself just after I arrive.

Elaine M

Hi Elaine

Lucky for me, we are moving in with my brother to start with. Poor sod, won't know whats hit him!!!!!! We are going on a validation/holiday over Christmas and will look for a larger property to rent and then buy something once we've got our money over there. Steves hoping not to use the return leg of the ticket but I don't think we'll be organised in time. House still to sell etc etc etc.

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.