Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Additional luggage - did you have to email scan of passport?

Additional luggage - did you have to email scan of passport?

Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:53 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Additional luggage - did you have to email scan of passport?

We have booked our one way flights with emirates and have requested the 40kg luggage allowance.
They have said there is no problem with this but they want us to email them a scanned copy of our passport photo pages and visas pages.

The problem is i am not very happy about emailing this information to them. How do i know what they are going to do with the copies i have sent? The email address is a generic customer services one so i dont know exactly who is going to end up with an electronic copy of our passports and visas?

am i just being over cautious?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional luggage - did you have to email scan of passport?

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
We have booked our one way flights with emirates and have requested the 40kg luggage allowance.
They have said there is no problem with this but they want us to email them a scanned copy of our passport photo pages and visas pages.

The problem is i am not very happy about emailing this information to them. How do i know what they are going to do with the copies i have sent? The email address is a generic customer services one so i dont know exactly who is going to end up with an electronic copy of our passports and visas?

They want the proof that you have an unvalidated visa in your passport, thats all.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jessica25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just faxed them the visa page, that was all they asked me for and most of the information from that they knew when I booked anyway, so it should be ok
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:22 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys
i was just feeling unhappy about what would happen to the electronic copy once they had used it.
it is not quite the same as handing someone your passport to check and them handing it back.

Graz has phoned them and they have given him the name of the person who will deal with it so it is not just going to anyone. You just hear so many stories of stolen identities and you are told to shred all personal info and then they ask you to send an electronic copy of your passport
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:28 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys
i was just feeling unhappy about what would happen to the electronic copy once they had used it.
it is not quite the same as handing someone your passport to check and them handing it back.

Graz has phoned them and they have given him the name of the person who will deal with it so it is not just going to anyone. You just hear so many stories of stolen identities and you are told to shred all personal info and then they ask you to send an electronic copy of your passport
By the time you've been here a while and had your passport mauled by employment agencies, Australia Post, rental agents (who keep copies of ID), banks (ditto copies), employers, Medicare, Uncle Tom Cobley and all, you suddenly realise that half the State has your ID details so its not worth worrying any more.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 31st 2007 at 11:39 am.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
By the time you've been here a while and had your passport mauled by employment agencies, Australia Post, rental agents (who keep copies of ID), banks (ditto copies), employers, Medicare, Uncle Tom Cobley and all, you suddenly realise that half the State has your ID details so its not worth worrying any more.
But the sun shines a lot
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:39 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypen20
But the sun shines a lot
What do you mean a lot? This is Queensland - its always sunny and there's no crime, remember