additional charges at port

additional charges at port

Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:48 pm
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default additional charges at port

Hi,

We plan to ship either just 1 or 5 boxes from Uk to Brisbane. Could anyone tell me how much they ended up paying in extras at the port (Brisbane) e.g. Customs unpacking fees, import duties. Im expecting these to add up to more than the shipping!- £60 1 box £180 5 boxes.

Thanks
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: additional charges at port

would like to know how big the boxes are for future referance and who your sending them with also if possible. still trying to decide how to move my stuff over from england to brissy myself.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:57 pm
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: additional charges at port

Originally Posted by Pickle
would like to know how big the boxes are for future referance and who your sending them with also if possible. still trying to decide how to move my stuff over from england to brissy myself.
Hi,

Someone replied to a previous post mentioning Voovit www.voovit.com and they seem to do the best deal. Boxes are 565x425x360 internal measurements and carry up to 30kg each.