Reload this Page >

Adding on children to Visa

Adding on children to Visa

Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Biddle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding on children to Visa

Hi
Since getting our permanent residency we have had 2 more children, we are due to go to Australia in the next year , Can anyone advise as to how we
get visas for our children?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adding on children to Visa

Originally Posted by Biddle
Hi
Since getting our permanent residency we have had 2 more children, we are due to go to Australia in the next year , Can anyone advise as to how we
get visas for our children?

Thanks in advance!

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami.../101/index.htm
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:27 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure you know that but the title to this thread said adding. So just in case. Just make sure you allow enough time to have the passports, medicals and processing time before you go.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by comet555
I'm sure you know that but the title to this thread said adding. So just in case. Just make sure you allow enough time to have the passports, medicals and processing time before you go.
We had a child in KL after we validated our visas. We filled in the two forms and took them with payment to the Australian High Comm - they gave us the medical form and gave me a list of suitable doctors. She had the medical the next day and the doctor sent the results in. About 2 weeks later we got a call saying that her visa was ready. Great service!

Galba
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:08 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I've heard in some cases it can be incredibly fast. I just like to warn people that it's a good idea that things can take longer than you expect.

For example, sometimes passports for babies can be a pain and you have to redo them. Also it can take time to get medicals done. We had to book our medicals 6 weeks in advance. So it took at least 2-3 months just to have passports and medicals done. That's not counting the time of the application which should be very fast for a child visa.

I know you guys are in the UK so I would imagine you would have more choices for medicals and know your time frames better. But in our case we were in Canada and we lived almost 5 hours from the closest panel doctor or passport office so it took a while to get everything done.

I hope you're as lucky as galba and can have yours done in a few weeks.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Biddle is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys - thats a great help - best get started on it !
Rachael