addictive site

Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default addictive site

Hello everyone,
I have become completely addicted to this site to the exclusion of all usual activities... help!!!
I only found it last week on the day that we received our pr visas, I wish I'd found it before as I've found more information in one week than in the previous 12 months of trawling through official sites.
Thanks to you all for your wisdom, keep them coming, am planning to limit myself to 1 hour a day before I lose all touch with reality.

mcmercer
Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:00 pm
Badge

Default Re: addictive site

you know it has gone beyond hope when you start signing normal emails to mates with your username....

Badge

Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

piglit is an unknown quantity at this point

You and me both

Where are you going to settle.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We're going to brisbane, northern suburbs. We've booked our flight 21st feb, just keeping our fingers crossed that nothing happens with the sale of the house.
I think we're just starting to disengage a bit from our life here, we didn't dare do that until we received the yellow envelope!

mcmercer
Old Nov 19th 2003, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
you know it has gone beyond hope when you start signing normal emails to mates with your username....

Badge
Or you find yourself thinking that's a good one to post, or the administrator at work asks what's this site running in the background all the time, or Wales makes you think of WBB, or the word badger makes one think of you and so on. Addictive, but full of terrific information and life experiences. Your wife and friends also wonder where you've suddenly acquired a stack of topical jokes.

OzTennis
Old Nov 19th 2003, 1:31 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
Or you find yourself thinking that's a good one to post, or the administrator at work asks what's this site running in the background all the time, or Wales makes you think of WBB, or the word badger makes one think of you and so on. Addictive, but full of terrific information and life experiences. Your wife and friends also wonder where you've suddenly acquired a stack of topical jokes.

OzTennis

Im always referring to this site when in conversation with family and friends about NZ and Im sure they are really sick of it now but I cant help myself. All the information I have gotten from here has saved me loads of money on using a migration agent
Old Nov 19th 2003, 1:42 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by OzTennis Your wife and friends also wonder where you've suddenly acquired a stack of topical jokes.

OzTennis
LOL!!!

My wife asked me that very question a few weeks ago!! "Where ARE you getting these terrible Australian jokes"?
Old Nov 19th 2003, 1:43 pm
Perth Bound

Avery Family is an unknown quantity at this point

For the last, I don't know how many, weeks I think I've spent more time reading posts on here that I have doing my job !! When I get home and mention to the wife about finding another Jewel of info, she just rolls her eyes and mutters something about "at least it's better than having an mistress. what with all the time you spend glued to the screen!!"

God I'm a sad fellow.......but well informed!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

i can give this site up any any time (wait at a minuite whilst i see if anybody is in the chat room)

arlene
Old Nov 19th 2003, 1:50 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

God, I am glad I am not the only sufferer - my friends are also asking where all the terrible Aussie jokes are coming from!

And Arlene - my one saving grace is that no- one is ever in the chat room - otherwise my business would truley be going to the dogs!!

Right, I am logging off NOW to do some work which wasn't urgent when I got it two days ago but is now! (But I might just have abrowse through some threads first!)
Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

oh yes very addictive, work rate is about 0 now adn we have months to wait yet.

Got so excited that I started to look for jobs, using old contacts and networking, people pulling strings, only been at it a week and got job offer, I thought it would take months.
Called the guy from work for half an hour (poor work ;-) ), so nice and chatty, explained I didnt want to come on temp visa and be alone for 6-9 months waiting for our pr visa to come adn hubby to join me.

He siad that was fine he would keep in touch and there'd be another 2 sutiable positions next year anyway.

I just want to go NOW.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
LOL!!!

My wife asked me that very question a few weeks ago!! "Where ARE you getting these terrible Australian jokes"?

Yep, and my wife sometimes says, oh you're not in one of those terrible chat rooms like the teenagers are you? Until the identity theft bit recently I hadn't really given a thought about the nasty characters you might meet in britishexpats - present company excepted naturally.

OzTennis
Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

Usually it's me having a go at the hubby (computer programmer) saying "get off that bloody computer", he has several.

The other day he went out and came back 3 and a half hours later and asked if I'd moved away from the computer....I hadn't. He couldn't beleive it.

And I keep calling him at work to tell him info I've found, when he doesn't show 150% interest I say "dont you wnat to go, whya ren't you interested" and he just said you're bugging me constantly with it all !
Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:45 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so addicted that I don't even go on the other forum I used to be TOTALLY addicted too. And I'm not going to say which one.
I can say, this one is much more useful, and I don't have to be ashamed I'm addicted to it.

But it is a problem I'm on here so much. Well, it is when/if my boss finds out! I'm on work experiece for my bachelor degree... and he has to grade me on stuff at the end. uh ohhhhhhhh
It's really terrible, why can't I just go on here in the evening, it doesn't even cost anything at home!!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mcmercer
Hello everyone,
I have become completely addicted to this site to the exclusion of all usual activities... help!!!
I only found it last week on the day that we received our pr visas, I wish I'd found it before as I've found more information in one week than in the previous 12 months of trawling through official sites.
Thanks to you all for your wisdom, keep them coming, am planning to limit myself to 1 hour a day before I lose all touch with reality.

mcmercer
addictive is the word - i am getting married in just over a week and am soooo busy but still have time to post coz its so addictive! also u know u r addicted when u start reffering to people on the board as friends when telling stories from here! ( eg jokes) gotta get off now!! so much to sort out!!!!..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.