Forum Regular

poolman is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Actual wages paid for skilled employment

Old Mar 5th 2005, 2:23 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Actual wages paid for skilled employment

Originally Posted by poolman
Hi

I don't know if there is a thread already running on this subject, if so please could someone point me to it.

It would be nice to know exactly what people are currently earning in Australia for what jobs they are doing.

Please could you post your job titles, hours and wages, to begin with mine are:

Fully skilled toolmaker, 38 hours per week, $46,000 per annum, in the Central Coast area of NSW.

Look forward to your replies

Thanks

Poolman
Two years ago I was earning $45k per annum, 4 and half day week (37.5 hours), PA/Secretary on NSW Central Coast. I then went to part time in another PA role on the Coast at $22 p.h. If I was doing the same role in Sydney that would have been more $25 ph.

My salary as PA in Sydney in 2001 was nearer $60k plus benefits, 5 days but long hours.

M

Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Merlot
Two years ago I was earning $45k per annum, 4 and half day week (37.5 hours), PA/Secretary on NSW Central Coast. I then went to part time in another PA role on the Coast at $22 p.h. If I was doing the same role in Sydney that would have been more $25 ph.

My salary as PA in Sydney in 2001 was nearer $60k plus benefits, 5 days but long hours.

M
Thanks for your reply merlot.

Is there anyone else out there with real life earnings to give a realistic view of wages, rather than people giving their opinions on average earnings necessary.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:39 am
Merlot

Is there anyone else out there with real life earnings to give a realistic view of wages, rather than people giving their opinions on average earnings necessary.
Looks like we are the only ones . . . I suppose wages are a "private" thing to most??? I have nothing to hide!

M

Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:45 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Look it up on the 'net?
Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:47 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Look it up on the 'net?
I think that is one way, poolman asked the question for the more the "Man/Woman on the Street" view. There has been tonnes of conflicting advice/info on here of late with wages.

As I said, people don't have to respond as it is a very private thing to some.

Merlot

Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:59 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

I think that is one way, poolman asked the question for the more the "Man/Woman on the Street" view. There has been tonnes of conflicting advice/info on here of late with wages.

As I said, people don't have to respond as it is a very private thing to some.

Merlot
My wage is $6,000 per year but then I'm a very mean employer.

Unless poolman can match what he can do with what an employer in the market for a poolman is willing to pay than what answer can be given?
Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:07 am
Merlot

Unless poolman can match what he can do with what an employer in the market for a poolman is willing to pay than what answer can be given?
Without getting into a huge debate as it is not answering the original question, yes the old market force thing comes into play. I think poolman just asked a question to guage averages.

I have had jobs where I have felt underpaid as I worked my butt off, then a job which was so easy going I felt I was being paid to do very little. All perception.

Do you have any links for "averages" you can post for us? I am thinking Melbourne for me on return.

M

Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:07 am
ABCDiamond

I know someone who does mushroom picking, and gets $19 per hour. She is filling in until something better comes along.
But on top of that is the 9% super paid by the employer (something often overlooked), so that's worth an extra $1.71ph

A couple of other actual current jobs available at the moment:
Part-time Accounts Clerk, Brisbane CBD $35k+super pro rata (circa $19 per hr)
Assistant Accountant Brisbane $42K + super
Accounts Payable Clerk Brisbane $32K+ super (neg)
Assistant Accountant Brisbane $45K + super

Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:11 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I know someone who does mushroom picking, and gets $19 per hour. She is filling in until something better comes along.
But on top of that is the 9% super paid by the employer (something often overlooked), so that's worth an extra $1.71ph

Oh mushroom picking, boy that would be hard on the back but not a bad wage.

The salaries above as how I remember them back in NSW.

Thank you.
Merlot

Old Mar 6th 2005, 11:07 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

As a nurse, I'm on $43k plus super (total $48k)

Cas
Old Mar 6th 2005, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Is mushroom picking a skilled job in australia?

Many of you are quite willing to state that you need to earn $80,000 to live in australia, but where are the people who actually earn this amount of money, all I was looking to find out was the average wage for a skilled person for others as well as myself!

A skilled person, I would class as someone who has undergone specific training, with a recognised qualification to show for it.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 3:08 pm
Merlot

Is mushroom picking a skilled job in australia?

Many of you are quite willing to state that you need to earn $80,000 to live in australia, but where are the people who actually earn this amount of money, all I was looking to find out was the average wage for a skilled person for others as well as myself!

A skilled person, I would class as someone who has undergone specific training, with a recognised qualification to show for it.
I am surprised at the nursing salary as to me this is "skilled", 3 years at university, plus all those hours of work and further study.

They were offering $60k plus for PA's in Sydney in 2001 - this is greatly unfair to those in nursing for all your years of dedication and hard work! As it would be for those with a trade.

Merlot

Old Mar 6th 2005, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

I am surprised at the nursing salary as to me this is "skilled", 3 years at university, plus all those hours of work and further study.

They were offering $60k plus for PA's in Sydney in 2001 - this is greatly unfair to those in nursing for all your years of dedication and hard work! As it would be for those with a trade.

Merlot
so it looks like mushroom picking is a better paid job than nursing in australia
Old Mar 6th 2005, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

ehh what are you on.
have read this several timesbut still can't work out your silly reply,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.