Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACS RUMOURS ABOUT 1st NOV '04'

ACS RUMOURS ABOUT 1st NOV '04'

Old Oct 16th 2004, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default ACS RUMOURS ABOUT 1st NOV '04'

Just wondering if anyone has heard a rumour about DIMIA or ACS changing the points system for IT bods from 60 points to 50 on and after the 01.11.04...if they can you please let me know if there is a web site with this info on

Cheers
Tabby
Old Oct 16th 2004, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all
Default Re: ACS RUMOURS ABOUT 1st NOV '04'

....and where exactly did you hear this rumour ????
Old Oct 16th 2004, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: ACS RUMOURS ABOUT 1st NOV '04'

Originally Posted by eintracht
....and where exactly did you hear this rumour ????
Found it on another forum - apparently it has been a rumour for a while, but now it is close to 1st Nov more people are getting worried.... like me!! :scared:

Just wondered if anyone here had read anything about it???

Tabby
Old Oct 16th 2004, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

I'll ask my agent if he has heard anything. Might be worth asking the question on the Immogration forum as many agents post there.

If its true I'm *****ed.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Angry Re: ACS RUMOURS ABOUT 1st NOV '04'

Originally Posted by eintracht
I'll ask my agent if he has heard anything. Might be worth asking the question on the Immogration forum as many agents post there.

If its true I'm *****ed.
same here
Old Oct 16th 2004, 11:43 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
Found it on another forum - apparently it has been a rumour for a while, but now it is close to 1st Nov more people are getting worried.... like me!! :scared:
Considering they just revised the Skilled Occupations List in September (and kept IT on the Sydney skill shortage list for subclass 138) I would be surprised if it happened on 1 November.

That's not to say it will never happen, but fretting about wild rumours is *totally* unproductive. If you're eligible and keen to apply, the rule in general is to get on with it, as any kind of rule change (not just this one) could catch you out.

Jeremy
Old Oct 16th 2004, 12:01 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby

Just wondered if anyone here had read anything about it???

Tabby
Hi Tabby,

It's been a rumour for about four years. If it happens, there won't be any rumours, just as there were no rumours about the increase in the pass mark to 120, the introduction of medical practitioners to the SOL, the revision of the MODL or the introduction of the SSASSL, all major changes which took place this year.

Equally, if it happens, it won't be tied to the 1 November/1 March/1 July routine legislative changes because it would take place through Gazette notice, not amendments to the Act or Regulations.

So although I can't deny it I am highly skeptical. So where did you hear it from??? Name of source please.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au