ACS Result

Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Rajeesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Result

Hi Friends,

I had submitted my ACS application, two months back through one of the consultants here in the Middle East and I got the feed back from ACS last week as below.

"For the purpose of your application you have as of August 2003 satisfied the requirements of the ACS PIM2, Group A.

Your Work Experience has been calculated as follows.

Dates: 11/96 - 08/99
Position: Network Engineer
Employer: xxxxxxxxxxx

Dates 09/99 - 08/03
Position: Systems Administrator
Employer: xxxxxxxx

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 2231-11 of ASCO code, being the skilled occupation indicated that you intend to nominate in a General Skilled Migration application."

I am not very sure what ACS meant by the above statement in their letter. Does this mean that I can proceed with the DIMIA application?

I have spoken to the consultant here and been told that, I would be able to lodge my application to DIMIA only after three years
But I really do not understand what they meant by 3 years, while there is nothing like that mentioned by ACS in their letter.

To give you an Idea about my Educational and Career background ....

I did my three years Diploma in Applied Electronics in June 1995 and started working since then till Nov 1996 as a Customer Support Engineer (IT). My job was mainly doing all kind of Network installations, IT support etc.

In Dec 1996 I moved to the Middle East and started working as a Network Engineer till Aug 1999.

Then I moved to another Multi National company here and have been working with them as a Systems Administrator till date (More than four and half years completed now).

I had also done 3 years Bachelors in Information Technology from one of the Indian university's study centre in the Middle East during Aug 2000 to June 2003.

I had submitted all the proper reference letters and other documents required by ACS. On receipt of the earlier mentioned reply from ACS, this consultant had written a letter to ACS stating that there is a mistake (ACS didn't consider my first company in their calculation of experience) but ACS got back saying assessment was correct

Now the consultant is not willing to proceed with my case and they are giving me the money back that is not what I wanted.

Could you please advise me how should I go about this issue..

Your reply would be really appreciated.........

Raj

Last edited by Rajeesh; Feb 9th 2004 at 10:36 am.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

evila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Result

Originally posted by Rajeesh
Hi Friends,

I am not very sure what ACS meant by the above statement in their letter. Does this mean that I can proceed with the DIMIA application?

I had submitted all the proper reference letters and other documents required by ACS. On receipt of the earlier mentioned reply from ACS, this consultant had written a letter to ACS stating that there is a mistake (ACS didn't consider my first company in their calculation of experience) but ACS got back saying assessment was correct

Raj
I dont see any poblem with your assessment, so you probably can submit your application to DIMIA. Anyway, you may consult a registered agent to check your details...

Wish you luck...

Enrique./
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: ACS Result

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 2231-11 of ASCO code, being the skilled occupation indicated that you intend to nominate in a General Skilled Migration application"

This means that everything is fine - go ahead and submit to DIMIA. Bypass your consultant - we never used one.

Mummy
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Go ahead - your assessment was positive. Remember that the assessment is only valid for 12 months
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

astone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS results

hi Rajeesh,
We had the similar problem.
Are you claiming 5 points for work experience?
We were, so therefore the date the ACS gave us wasn't backdated far enough to qualify for 3 years experience. Our agent told us to wait also, but we have our age against us so we had to proceed. Our agent contacted Adelaide explaining the situation and there was lots of press about the ACS and there decisions about diming dates being incorrect so we were told to send it in anyway. Our application was lodged in Sept.Still waiting with fingers and everthing else crossed.
Hope this has been some help.
AStone:
Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Dear Astone,

Thanks for your advice.

I am claiming 10 points on the work experience. As per the recent changes in the DIMIA's policy on the "ACS assessment Satisfaction Date" you can claim the points.

But I am still wondering why my legal consultant is not willing to proceed.

Raj
Old Feb 9th 2004, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

will_e_web is an unknown quantity at this point

Raj,

If you're not sure, contact your High Commission; they were very good when they helped me with my visa application (same skillset with ACS).

I found that the actual application didn't need a consultant at all; 99.9% of the questions are very, very, very straightforward and only designed to get basic information. Same kind of questions you get on a driving license application, so no worries.

Regards,
Will

Dear Astone,

Thanks for your advice.

I am claiming 10 points on the work experience. As per the recent changes in the DIMIA's policy on the "ACS assessment Satisfaction Date" you can claim the points.

Raj
Old Feb 10th 2004, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Dear Will,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any legal consultant in this group who can give me an advice on this.

Raj
Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

rarejunk_in is an unknown quantity at this point

Rajeesh,

Maybe you should post this thread in the Australian Immigraiton Forum rather then here. Many legal agents advise on that forum.

Dear Will,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any legal consultant in this group who can give me an advice on this.

Raj
Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:06 am
skbn136app

Dear Astone,

Thanks for your advice.

Raj
Dear Rajeesh,

You need to mention the date you found to be compatible with Australian standards by ACS. This date should be mentioned on the skill assessment result letter issued by ACS. This date will help understand the chances that DIMIA would or would not consider granting you those 10 points. Though DIMIA policy for work experience says that it would consider the experience before the suitability date... still it depends on the Case officer to consider your experience or not.

I believe experience consultants would help you more understand this concept.

Regards

skbn136app

Old Feb 11th 2004, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Do you know the link to the "Australian Immigraiton Forum".

Could you also let me know, how does the successful result from ACS look like.

Raj
Old Feb 11th 2004, 4:10 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...php?forumid=32