Reload this Page >

ACS refusal - Dates of employment incorrect on refusal

ACS refusal - Dates of employment incorrect on refusal

Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

SuzieQ is on a distinguished road
Default ACS refusal - Dates of employment incorrect on refusal

Hoping someone can give advice.

I received a letter from ACS this week with an outcome of "unsuitable".

The reason stated is that I don't meet the required 6 years. Below they stipulate how they calculated the total experience and give the duration of each employment in months. All dates for employment corallate with my own dates on the application form apart from one :

Employment X - May 1998 to Dec 1999 - 9 months

This is incorrect as the duration between May 1998 to Dec 1999 is not 9 months but 18 months.

My question : is this a mistake worth appealing for or can it be that they deducted time for when I was doing my MCSE (part time while working)

Is it worth calling them / e-mailing them to clarify or just go into a full blown appeal?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Regards
Suzie
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ACS refusal - Dates of employment incorrect on refusal

It has to be worth emailing them for clarification - you have nothing to lose but a lot to gain!!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:41 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve G
It has to be worth emailing them for clarification - you have nothing to lose but a lot to gain!!

Hi Suzie

Id say the same as Steve wont hurt to email them also try posting this in the immigration forum as agents often give advice in there!!

Good Luck

Kris xx
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SuzieQ

The reason stated is that I don't meet the required 6 years. Below they stipulate how they calculated the total experience and give the duration of each employment in months. All dates for employment corallate with my own dates on the application form apart from one :

This is incorrect as the duration between May 1998 to Dec 1999 is not 9 months but 18 months.

My question : is this a mistake worth appealing for or can it be that they deducted time for when I was doing my MCSE (part time while working)

Is it worth calling them / e-mailing them to clarify or just go into a full blown appeal?

Regards
Suzie
Did that reference for the period say "full time" as the only thing I can think of is they have thought it was part time and classed 18 months part time as equal to 9 months full time.

Definitely sounds like a quick email asking how may 98 to dec 99 is 9 months though.

From what I remeber of my partners they took the 6 years off and deemed him as suitable as of 13 months before the date of the letter (he gave just over 7 years of references). I deon't think ACS have deeming dates now on their letters at all.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:01 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuzieQ

Regards
Suzie
Suzie,

I suspect this is to do with part-time working but it's absolutely worth phoning them first to clarify exactly what they mean.

Fingers crossed that you are able to sort this out.

Nicky
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:18 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

the other reason maybe that it was only 9mths into this employment that they have deemed you to have reached a skilled level to count as skilled experience. This may make sense if you gained your qualification/changed role during this employment and they have not included any other employment prior to this date.

However, as others have stated you have nothing to lose to clarify their decision.