British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   ACS References at least 4 years? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/acs-references-least-4-years-109419/)

gle Jul 12th 2002 4:24 pm

ACS References at least 4 years?

The ACS recommend references for a least the last four years. I get the feeling that I could provide the reference for my current job I started 3 years 9 months ago - will this definately be a problem. It just I cannot be bothered to hassle my previous employer if really not necessary

Has anyone received a positive assessment with references less than 4 years.

I am applying for Skilled Migration.

Thanks in advance

I have a degree UK.

My actual work experience is
3 yrs 9 month current job
2 yrs previous job
1 yr 'year out'

So I have adequate experience is just whether the references can just cover my current job - not quite 4 years yet.

markymark55 Jul 13th 2002 12:15 pm

Re: ACS References at least 4 years?

You should prove a min of 4 years experience. I applied with 3 Yr 10 months of experience in Jan this year and had a reply in May (by then I had 4 Yr 2 months experience) declining my application due to lack of experience (though qualifications ok).

I then appealed immediately based on over 4 yrs experience and was contacted a month later (the day the result was being released to me) to say I had to pay an extra $50 because the application was considered a "new application" not "an appeal". This time around I was successful.......all up not too impressed with ACS......

ptlabs Jul 13th 2002 1:45 pm

Originally posted by markymark55
You should prove a min of 4 years experience. I applied with 3 Yr 10 months of experience in Jan this year and had a reply in May (by then I had 4 Yr 2 months experience) declining my application due to lack of experience (though qualifications ok).
Interesting. Do you have an IT degree, and if so, which country's university did you graduate from?

Ronny Jul 14th 2002 5:20 am

Just a thought here ....

Is it possible to apply if we have additional part time experience of 18 months while
doing the bachleor's degree . i have a full time experience of only 3 years .but if i
take my 18 months it adds upto more than 4 years !!!!

any ideas ??

ptlabs Jul 14th 2002 8:48 am

Originally posted by Ronny
Is it possible to apply if we have additional part time experience of 18 months while doing the bachleor's degree.
It depends on whether your employment was for more than 20 hours per week, and if it was skilled employment.

Note that if your employment was less than 20 hours per week, it doesn't count as employment for migration purposes to Aussie.