Reload this Page >

ACS Degree Group hell

ACS Degree Group hell

Old Sep 26th 2003, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

sarahandnick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Degree Group hell

Can someone please help?

I applied for ACS assessment under the GroupA qualification criteria. this details a degree with a major in IT plus 4 years work experience. My application met this plus had details covering five years experience. The degree I sat was titled Business Information Systems as a conversion from an HND entitled Business Information Technology. This degree course was provided by Leeds Met university and was predominately IT based. Since the course completion in 1995, Leeds have discontinued it and when I contacted them told me that all course records had been discarded. Due to this reason I was unable to provide the ACS with detailed transcripts of the final year.

I received a negative response from the ACS citing that I had too little work experience as they had assesed my qualifications as meeting group B, which requires 6 years experience.

Please, please, please, please, please, please
Can anyone suggest any way in which i can make a successful appeal?

Sarah
Old Sep 26th 2003, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

FiFi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Degree Group hell

LONGSHOT..

If the university can't help .. why don't you try contacting some of your old lecturers direct ... for a transcript of your final year .. if you've lost touch start with friends reunited ... I'm sure they'll be someone there who will have contacts
Old Sep 26th 2003, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

sarahandnick is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that. I've spoken with the course coordinator recently so I'll try to get him to write something. I doubt if he will be able to remember accurately though - it was 8 years ago!

one of our friends has just gone down the RPL route to ACS and he has had his accepted, so maybe I could try that. Think it just has to be related experience and not specific to one role. I've got 8 years total but only 5 as project manager.

can't believe this - what a nightmare

:scared: :scared: