Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACS assessment - MCSE ( Please HELP!)

Wikiposts

ACS assessment - MCSE ( Please HELP!)

Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

neha_agrawal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS assessment - MCSE ( Please HELP!)

Hi Everyone,
I have around 7 years of Experience as Network Admin . I have MCSE certificate in NT 4.0 . So can anyone suggest whether i can get assessed based on my certificate and Experience, or should i go through RPL Route ( i think i have to wait 1 year for that as i dont have 8 years experience). Have they changed rules in july 06 for MCSE as previously MCSE was recognised as equivalent to Australian Diploma. If i try normal route and if i am rejected can i apply again through RPL route.

Please help me out.

Thanks Everyone,
Cheers
Neha
Old Jul 28th 2006, 2:00 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ACS assessment - MCSE ( Please HELP!)

Originally Posted by neha_agrawal
Hi Everyone,
I have around 7 years of Experience as Network Admin . I have MCSE certificate in NT 4.0 . So can anyone suggest whether i can get assessed based on my certificate and Experience, or should i go through RPL Route ( i think i have to wait 1 year for that as i dont have 8 years experience). Have they changed rules in july 06 for MCSE as previously MCSE was recognised as equivalent to Australian Diploma. If i try normal route and if i am rejected can i apply again through RPL route.

Please help me out.

Thanks Everyone,
Cheers
Neha
I cant help but I bet someone can, so I have bumped you back up for a better chance of an answer.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

Originally Posted by neha_agrawal
Hi Everyone,

Please help me out.

Thanks Everyone,
Cheers
Neha
I believe the current criteria states that having the full MCSE precludes you from having to undertake the RPL with the ACS. what I am uncertain about is whether the ACS require the MCSE to be current, NT MCSE is no longer recognised as a current qualification, certainly by Microsoft and certainly most UK employers.

I would ascertain what the above requirement is, this will give you the correct knowledge to submit your application first time, knowing that you are not going to fail due to a "misunderstanding" on your part and of course, will save you money on re-submittal.

Good look
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future

I just got my positive result from ACS and i'm a MCSE (NT4.0). I applied for assesment ASCO Code : 2231-11 , had no problems. You should not need to go the RPL route

Hope that helps

Lee

Last edited by FloridaLee; Jul 28th 2006 at 12:08 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 8:58 am
Finally living the dream!

AlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the rough

I would agree here - MS do still recognise the NT4 MCSE as valid. There was a war when they originally said they would retire the qual so they left it as is. I wouldn't have thought you would have any issues.

It's still on my MS transcript (and CV!) after many, many years!
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:29 am
Just Joined

neha_agrawal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FloridaLee
I just got my positive result from ACS and i'm a MCSE (NT4.0). I applied for assesment ASCO Code : 2231-11 , had no problems. You should not need to go the RPL route

Hope that helps

Lee
Thanks Lee,
I am concerned is whether they have changed the rules after july 1st, Can you give me some details about number of years of experience and your eduction so that i can compare with mine. Can you pls help me out what all documents required ( checklist ) although it is clear on website. Just to make sure that everything is in order.

cheers
neha