Reload this Page >

ACS Application Documents

ACS Application Documents

Old Apr 10th 2002, 8:01 am
Just Joined

GregDa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Application Documents

On visiting the ACS site, I notice one of the bits of info they require is :

"- The detailed official academic transcript/mark sheets, showing all the subjects/units studied for the qualification/awards obtained. If possible, please obtain details of the percentage of relevant computer content in the course from the appropriate tertiary institution. "

Does this mean I've got to chase my old University lecturers to get these details even though my degree is in Computer Science.
I finished my degree over 10 years ago, so am a little concerned that these details may no longer be available??

What have other people done??

Any help greatly appreciated...
Cheers
Greg.
Old Apr 10th 2002, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

iancurtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Application Documents

I'm in exactly the same position, I studied Computing at Glasgow over 10 year ago and I wasn't even aware that such a thing as a Transcript even existed. I went down to the Uni last week & paid £10 to get my Transcript. I haven't ereceived it yet so I've no idea what's on it. I assume that it, plus my degree, should be enough proof but I can't be sure.
Old Apr 10th 2002, 9:47 am
Just Joined

GregDa is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a little confusing. I'll send them a letter in the first instance, and see what happens.
Thanks for the reply,
Greg.
Old Apr 10th 2002, 6:30 pm
Protect The Inn

That is what I did and my uni sent me a breakdown of my course and marks. My degree
was only 4 years ago though, but I would imagine that the uni will have kept some
sort of record.

"GregDa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > It is a little confusing. I'll send them a letter in the first instance, and see
    > what happens. Thanks for the reply, Greg.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 11th 2002, 11:00 am
David

"devnull" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I completed a degree in computer studies 14 years ago. Never had a transcript
    > though, so I submitted my application to the ACS in mid Feb without it. I got an
    > email a few days ago saying they could not process my application without the
    > transcript and that I have 49 days to submit it or my application will be closed.
    > I've contacted the university who say they can provide the transcript for £15.
    > Although, prior to my application I asked them about it and they didn't volunteer
    > the information and just provided a general cover letter.
    >
    > I suggest you contact the university administration and ask about student archives.
    > It won't be lecturers that can formally provide the information.
    >
    > Interestingly the ACS say they need a copy of my degree certificate, which I
    > did supply. Makes me wonder about their competence, so I'd better send them
    > another copy!
    >

Did the ACS say these materials should be sent by your university?

Old Apr 11th 2002, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

onlyme is an unknown quantity at this point

no, YOU send them certified copies.
Old Apr 12th 2002, 3:00 am
Deyon Kim

Just one thing to remember...

http://www.acs.org.au/static/national/lodgeappn.htm

All qualifications will be verified through the university, students must therefore
grant permission to the university to release this information to the ACS, when
requested.

Old Apr 30th 2002, 7:00 pm
Devnull

I completed a degree in computer studies 14 years ago. Never had a transcript though,
so I submitted my application to the ACS in mid Feb without it. I got an email a few
days ago saying they could not process my application without the transcript and that
I have 49 days to submit it or my application will be closed. I've contacted the
university who say they can provide the transcript for £15. Although, prior to my
application I asked them about it and they didn't volunteer the information and just
provided a general cover letter.

I suggest you contact the university administration and ask about student archives.
It won't be lecturers that can formally provide the information.

Interestingly the ACS say they need a copy of my degree certificate, which I did
supply. Makes me wonder about their competence, so I'd better send them another copy!

--
devnull

"GregDa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > On visiting the ACS site, I notice one of the bits of info they require is :
    >
    > "- The detailed official academic transcript/mark sheets, showing all the
    > subjects/units studied for the qualification/awards obtained. If possible, please
    > obtain details of the percentage of relevant computer content in the course from
    > the appropriate tertiary institution. "
    >
    > Does this mean I've got to chase my old University lecturers to get these details
    > even though my degree is in Computer Science. I finished my degree over 10 years
    > ago, so am a little concerned that these details may no longer be available??
    >
    > What have other people done??
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated... Cheers Greg.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Kerry Steve
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 30th 2002, 7:00 pm
Devnull

The ACS are expecting me to supply the documents. There won't be any direct dialogue
between the university and the ACS.

--
devnull

> Did the ACS say these materials should be sent by your university?