Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACE's Home Build with In Vogue

ACE's Home Build with In Vogue

Old Jul 5th 2008, 11:16 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Vogue Living Home Builders

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Lol, I remember thinking exactly the same thing. It's surprising how small it looks at this stage. It will all come together though.

I went up to the block today with my tape measure and my plans. It really is the wierdest optical illusion, the pad still looked small until I physically had the tape lined up with the edges of each room. I can rest easy (for now) as the measurements are spot on.

Saw a couple of my new neighbours, they must think I am some kind of wierdo, there I was on the soaking went sand, in the fgale force winds trying to make my tape measure stay flat to the ground, save my plans from blowing away and keep my five year old out of the puddles.

All fun and games
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:07 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
I went up to the block today with my tape measure and my plans. It really is the wierdest optical illusion, the pad still looked small until I physically had the tape lined up with the edges of each room. I can rest easy (for now) as the measurements are spot on.

Saw a couple of my new neighbours, they must think I am some kind of wierdo, there I was on the soaking went sand, in the fgale force winds trying to make my tape measure stay flat to the ground, save my plans from blowing away and keep my five year old out of the puddles.

All fun and games
"Ay, caramba!" I really need to calm down and type a bit slower, who'd have thought that an over-sized sand pit and a few bits of metal could be so exciting. I'll be a gibbering idiot by the time the house reaches roof height
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:29 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
"Ay, caramba!" I really need to calm down and type a bit slower, who'd have thought that an over-sized sand pit and a few bits of metal could be so exciting. I'll be a gibbering idiot by the time the house reaches roof height
That is soo funny! This is what I wrote in my thread when it first started

Today I went up to see if anything else had happened and got dead excited when I saw a digger just over from our plot, flattening out the land.

I also noticed some taps near our plot. Must be to supply water for when the building begins, so shouldn't be too long now.

Lol if I'm I'm getting excited over bl**dy taps, god help me when they get started properly!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:39 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

That is soo funny! This is what I wrote in my thread when it first started

I am so glad I am not the only lunatic around .
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:29 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: ACE's Home Build with In Vogue

Today,8th July, was a very exciting day. I had a really late night last night and was peacefully dreaming about teaching male prison inmates to sing (don't ask) when I heard this voice whispering in my ear something about concrete and am I interested? It took a while to realise where I was and that the voice belonged to my hubby. He had just come home from a night shift, had decided to go past our block only to discover a veritable hive of activity. The slab was being laid and it was only 7am.

Hubby rushed back to the block while I got ready and within 15 minutes I was there too. It was so exciting as truck after truck arrived (4 in all) and emptied Its contents onto our modest looking pad whilst a team of guys, who I can only describe as 'proper grafters', proceeded to lovingly smooth our slab into perfect shape. It was strange but the slab seemed to grow as each section was filled and looked quite big by the end. We stayed for about an hour and promised to return at the end of the day with a few beers. Unfortunately the guys did something that I am told builders never do and the knocked off early thereby missing out on the beer.

The supervisor called shortly after I returned home to inform us that the slab was finished and that the bricks would be delivered, the slab would be polished and the brickies would start working within the next week or so.

I have got to the stage now where I keep walking to different areas of the slab pretending that the walls, windows and furniture are in situ. That's it, I am officially certifiable .
Attached Thumbnails ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06728.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06733.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06734.jpg  

Last edited by ACE; Jul 9th 2008 at 10:39 am.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm excited for you!!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:00 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
Today,8th July, was a very exciting day. I had a really late night last night and was peacefully dreaming about teaching male prison inmates to sing (don't ask) when I heard this voice whispering in my ear something about concrete and am I interested? It took a while to realise where I was and that the voice belonged to my hubby. He had just come home from a night shift, had decided to go past our block only to discover a veritable hive of activity. The slab was being laid and it was only 7am.

Hubby rushed back to the block while I got ready and within 15 minutes I was there too. It was so exciting as truck after truck arrived (4 in all) and emptied Its contents onto our modest looking pad whilst a team of guys, who I can only describe as 'proper grafters', proceeded to lovingly smooth our slab into perfect shape. It was strange but the slab seemed to grow as each section was filled and looked quite big by the end. We stayed for about an hour and promised to return at the end of the day with a few beers. Unfortunately the guys did something that I am told builders never do and the knocked off early thereby missing out on the beer.

The supervisor called shortly after I returned home to inform us that the slab was finished and that the bricks would be delivered, the slab would be polished and the brickies would start working within the next week or so.

I have got to the stage now where I keep walking to different areas of the slab pretending that the walls, windows and furniture are in situ. That's it, I am officially certifiable .
you were looking at mine whilst i was looking at yours. its looking good.may i ask how many square metres it is. i coulnt make it out on the photo you posted. can you also get some image reduction software please. makes it easier to open your pics. i wish we could afford to get someone to do the whole thing for us. thats my weekends booked out for the next 6 months.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

House looks great Ace, and I have to say your semi-naked builders aren't too shabby either
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:17 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

you were looking at mine whilst i was looking at yours.

LOL

its looking good.may i ask how many square metres it is. i coulnt make it out on the photo you posted.

Thanks, It is 424sqm all up but that is including the garage, balcony and porch areas. The house itself is 300sqm.

i wish we could afford to get someone to do the whole thing for us. thats my weekends booked out for the next 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Mate you are a legend! The admin part would be OK but I can't image coordinating all the trades, sorting out the onsite problems etc. My hubby wanted to go the owner buillder route and I did everything I could to put him off as I know how hard it can be.

can you also get some image reduction software please. makes it easier to open your pics.

Good idea, I'll sort it.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:18 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I'm excited for you!!
Cheers!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:19 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

House looks great Ace,

Thanks

and I have to say your semi-naked builders aren't too shabby either

Why do you think I took so many pics

Last edited by ACE; Jul 9th 2008 at 12:33 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:22 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

On Youngy's advice I have reduced the image sizes. All pictures posted so far can be viewed here. All future images will be posted at the new reduced sizes. I downloaded a great little free application called PIXresizer.
Attached Thumbnails ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06679.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06680.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06684.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06687.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06685.jpg  

Last edited by ACE; Jul 9th 2008 at 1:30 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:26 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

And here
Attached Thumbnails ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-imgp0769.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-imgp0772.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-imgp0774.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06705.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06706.jpg  

Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:28 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Also here
Attached Thumbnails ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06708.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06728.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06733.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc06734.jpg  
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:59 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

WOOHOO! You've got a slab!

I can remember when ours was laid (march last year) I was soo excited!

I could easily do it all again

Floor plan looks great btw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.