Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACE's Home Build with In Vogue

ACE's Home Build with In Vogue

Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:57 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACE's Home Build with In Vogue

Originally Posted by AshyB
Ace - where's the latest update?
haven't got anything to do at work and need something to read!
There you go mate, took a bit longer than I thought it would

Last edited by ACE; Sep 18th 2008 at 11:03 am.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:17 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ACE
There you go mate, took a bit longer than I thought it would
no worries...

I still can't believe how far the house has come in such a short period of time...

We're expecting to be in Perth (NOR) by ~nov/dec and were looking at building our house. It took a while to read the whole thread from the start but it was definitely worth it. Lots of helpful tips/information scattered around in the various posts.

Hope the rest of the house-build goes as smoothly
Old Sep 20th 2008, 2:00 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Looking great!

You have well and truly took advantage of the lovely sea view with all those windows.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe how quick this is going up,
the question is, will you be taking guests next july/aug ?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:03 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AshyB
no worries...

I still can't believe how far the house has come in such a short period of time...

We're expecting to be in Perth (NOR) by ~nov/dec and were looking at building our house. It took a while to read the whole thread from the start but it was definitely worth it. Lots of helpful tips/information scattered around in the various posts.

Hope the rest of the house-build goes as smoothly
Glad you enjoyed it, next update coming soon .

Cheers
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:11 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Looking great!

You have well and truly took advantage of the lovely sea view with all those windows.
Thanks mate.

The views were pretty good from ground level so we designed a reverse living house as we knew the views would be even better from upstairs. We have been up top on many occasions now but we are still blown away every time we look out from the upper floor.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:19 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DebraH
I can't believe how quick this is going up,
the question is, will you be taking guests next july/aug ?
Hey you, how's it going?

Yeah, it is pretty amazing, everyone keeps saying that the first bit is always fast but tends to slow down once the roof is on and all the trades start coming in. The completion deadline is mid July at the moment, which is 310 days from the construction start date minus weekends. Once you take out extreme weather days and holidays it will most likely be the beginning of September. We hope that they will hand over by august at which stage we will still have to get the internal painting done, the flooring and carpets laid, the light fittings installed, the blinds and curtains fitted and the pool, paving, fencing and landscaping done. We have just renewed our rental lease to October 2009 so hopefully we will be able to move in by then.

Are you coming over then? If you are let us know your dates as we are planning a winter trip up north.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

will be in UKs summer hols next year, end july beg aug then on to melbourne and sydney probably
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:08 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
The completion deadline is mid July at the moment, which is 310 days from the construction start date minus weekends. Once you take out extreme weather days and holidays it will most likely be the beginning of September. We hope that they will hand over by august at which stage we will still have to get the internal painting done, the flooring and carpets laid, the light fittings installed, the blinds and curtains fitted and the pool, paving, fencing and landscaping done. We have just renewed our rental lease to October 2009 so hopefully we will be able to move in by then.
A year doesn't seem too long. It'll fly by.

We're still waiting for our contract ...

I was wondering: when you got your contract did you have someone check it over to make sure it was kosher?

Gina
Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:59 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Hows it all going Ace?

Long time no pictures....
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:22 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GinaUK
A year doesn't seem too long. It'll fly by.

We're still waiting for our contract ...

I was wondering: when you got your contract did you have someone check it over to make sure it was kosher?

Gina
Hi Gina,
I was wondering how it was all going.

When we got our contract we spoke to several people who had built with In Vogue as well as the CAB and a mate of ours who has built a variety of homes with different project builders on the canals and on acreage. He always gets his contracts looked over by the legal team that represent REIWA, he looked our contract over and assured us that it was a pretty standard contract and all above board.

Is it is fixed price contract?

Check out the link below, might be some useful information
http://www.builders.wa.gov.au/default.aspx?MenuID=71
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:50 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Hows it all going Ace?

Long time no pictures....
Hi T,
It is still all good thanks.

I haven't posted for a while as the last week of term was insane. We had our taekwondo grading, I went on camp with my year 11's and we went up to Joondalup with my Year 10 IT students as they won 3 awards in a film competition Mr ACE and I stayed at the Country Club which was very nice. I also had open evening at the little ACE'S school and I had to write another test algebra and trigonometry this time (oh joy). Mr ACE is still on his special project so his usual 4 days on 6 days off shift pattern has gone right out the window so there was a lot of juggling to do with the little ACE's. As you can imagine visiting the house was practically impossible.

We went up yesterday and it looks as though things have slowed down a little as most of this week has been wet. however, they have now put in all the steels between the walls and the second, internal course of bricks. The roof timbers and additional steels are also now onsite. The forecast for this week is very good (dry and in the mid 20's) so there should be more news to report next week.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:57 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DebraH
will be in UKs summer hols next year, end july beg aug then on to melbourne and sydney probably
That is around our winter school holiday but we should be able to coordinate your visit so that we are about but even if we haven't moved or if we are away for part of the time you can still stay here. No problem
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by ACE
Hi T,
It is still all good thanks.

I haven't posted for a while as the last week of term was insane. We had our taekwondo grading, I went on camp with my year 11's and we went up to Joondalup with my Year 10 IT students as they won 3 awards in a film competition Mr ACE and I stayed at the Country Club which was very nice. I also had open evening at the little ACE'S school and I had to write another test algebra and trigonometry this time (oh joy). Mr ACE is still on his special project so his usual 4 days on 6 days off shift pattern has gone right out the window so there was a lot of juggling to do with the little ACE's. As you can imagine visiting the house was practically impossible.

We went up yesterday and it looks as though things have slowed down a little as most of this week has been wet. however, they have now put in all the steels between the walls and the second, internal course of bricks. The roof timbers and additional steels are also now onsite. The forecast for this week is very good (dry and in the mid 20's) so there should be more news to report next week.
You have been very busy haven't you. Glad it's coming on a bit. Hopefully get on with it much more this week
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

ok ta xxxxx
how's the house build coming along now - seems to be going up quicker than that one next door to you.
Originally Posted by ACE
That is around our winter school holiday but we should be able to coordinate your visit so that we are about but even if we haven't moved or if we are away for part of the time you can still stay here. No problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.