Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accounting Job Prospects in Melbourne!

Accounting Job Prospects in Melbourne!

Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

sachinarora83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accounting Job Prospects in Melbourne!

Hello Friends,

I am planning to move to Melbourne around July this year. By profession, I am a chartered accountant and MBA finance( distance learning) from India with ~4 years work ex. Can anyone pls. tell me what are the prospects of getting a decent job in my field. Also, I understand thats its tuff to get the job from offshore. Am i wrong in this assumption?

Not sure, if this is a real portal wherein I should discuss the Job prospectus, but I strongly feel , this is one of the super active forum wherein people are so prompt & responsive.

Regards
Sachin
Old Feb 8th 2011, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accounting Job Prospects in Melbourne!

I would say little to no chance of finding a position whilst you are overseas, don't even bother looking until maybe a week or two before you get out. Then you can try contacting a few agents and setting some meetings up.

Very hard to comment on your chances, but there are jobs around. Your ease of finding a job will, in my opinion depend on how good your English language skills are and any experience in multinational companies or big accountancy firms that people know the names of, will also be a bonus. I have a large team, based in Sydney, Brisbane and a few in Melbourne and poor language skills is easily the biggest problem I have found in recruiting.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

sachinarora83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accounting Job Prospects in Melbourne!

Thanks for the quick revert...my Work ex includes 1 year in one of the BIG 4 and 3 years in MNC- Outsourcing company(NYSE listed)...

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I would say little to no chance of finding a position whilst you are overseas, don't even bother looking until maybe a week or two before you get out. Then you can try contacting a few agents and setting some meetings up.

Very hard to comment on your chances, but there are jobs around. Your ease of finding a job will, in my opinion depend on how good your English language skills are and any experience in multinational companies or big accountancy firms that people know the names of, will also be a bonus. I have a large team, based in Sydney, Brisbane and a few in Melbourne and poor language skills is easily the biggest problem I have found in recruiting.