Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accountant needed in Perth - I Think?

Accountant needed in Perth - I Think?

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

lele.juggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accountant needed in Perth - I Think?

Can anyone help with recomending an Accountant, preferably SOR. Just went to see one, who appeared very dodgy and wanted $110 just to walk in and talk to see if I thought he was what I wanted! I am not even sure I need one, being reasonably capable with figures, but being a self employed contractor am I required to have one. I only work Part-time and feel that spending too much money on an Accountant could not be justified.
Any Thoughts? Especially on any good/fair priced Accountants and what I might expect to be charged?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Sharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Accountant needed in Perth - I Think?

Hi,
We have a great guy but he's north of the river in Balcatta.
His name is David Aylmore, he is fantastic and worth crossing town for.
Phone : 9440 3222
[email protected]
We have chums in business for themselves and he's really turned things around for them.
Good Luck !
Sharie X
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Jock Ramsbottom will become famous soon enoughJock Ramsbottom will become famous soon enough

It's invaluable to use an accountant in Australia. There are so many things you can claim in your return and it is different to the UK. For instance if you work outdoors sunscreen and sun glasses are tax deductable. Also your fee for the visit to the account is tax deductable as well.
I've heard of this account and he has a really good reputation.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I will ring him tomorrow. But if anybody else can help - please feel free to chip in - especially keen to get a handle on what one might expect to pay for such services?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:41 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lele.juggins
Can anyone help with recomending an Accountant, preferably SOR. Just went to see one, who appeared very dodgy and wanted $110 just to walk in and talk to see if I thought he was what I wanted! I am not even sure I need one, being reasonably capable with figures, but being a self employed contractor am I required to have one. I only work Part-time and feel that spending too much money on an Accountant could not be justified.
Any Thoughts? Especially on any good/fair priced Accountants and what I might expect to be charged?
Everyone I asked last year said their accountant saved them more than it cost, but only about $10 in my case. If you are self-employed I would say it is a must, unless you are a self-emplioyed tax accountant, even more so in your first year so you can see what they can claim.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Has no-one else used an Accountant in Perth worth recommending? They cannot be all that bad !
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lele.juggins
Has no-one else used an Accountant in Perth worth recommending? They cannot be all that bad !
Your thread has only been up 24 hours, give people a chance!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

But if it drops off the first page, does anyone read it - I rarely look beyond the first page. I tend to find that threads die a death once past the second page, so thought this had run its course!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

just wanted to push this to the front again, because keen to get any further help/suggestions.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

My dude:

Mark Bell Accountants South Perth WA 0894746666