Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accountancy jobs in Perth

Accountancy jobs in Perth

Old Feb 26th 2005, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

james is on a distinguished road
Default Accountancy jobs in Perth

Posted a thread earlier on areas to live but now need to find the job to pay for it all. Looking for jobs in accountancy, I am qualified 13 years and looking to work in industry rather than practice. Any ideas on where best to find these types of jobs and what the current job market is like for accountants.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 8:55 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accountancy jobs in Perth

Originally Posted by james
Posted a thread earlier on areas to live but now need to find the job to pay for it all. Looking for jobs in accountancy, I am qualified 13 years and looking to work in industry rather than practice. Any ideas on where best to find these types of jobs and what the current job market is like for accountants.
Try the Hays and Hudson websites. There are many others but these 2 multinationals have lots of jobs plus some useful salary surveys and bits of advice.

Also some of the general recruitment websites like careerone carry jobs from Hays, Hudson and the rest.

The market seems quite good (but as we are on the MODL you would expect that).
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:30 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Try the Hays and Hudson websites. There are many others but these 2 multinationals have lots of jobs plus some useful salary surveys and bits of advice.

Also some of the general recruitment websites like careerone carry jobs from Hays, Hudson and the rest.

The market seems quite good (but as we are on the MODL you would expect that).
Not heard of "Hudson" before. Could you please post the web address? Have tried www.hudson.com.au but that's not it.

Thanks
Gina
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:38 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Not heard of "Hudson" before. Could you please post the web address? Have tried www.hudson.com.au but that's not it.

Thanks
Gina
Try:

http://jobsearch.au.hudson.com/jobsearch

It worked for me.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:41 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl

Thanks, SunshineGirl, that worked for me too

Gina
Old Feb 27th 2005, 10:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You may find a lot of the finance jobs in Perth are in the resources sector and they will be looking for experience of this nature.

That's not to say you won't get a job, but you will have to deal with this issue.

Jeremy
Old Feb 27th 2005, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GinaUK

Thanks
Gina
Hi Gina,

Hudson used to be TMP...I used to use them to recruit in my company, they were always really good, but then it's a real personal thing.

Will go to them first I think when we get the visa.

Michael Page also has Aus jobs listed with salaries etc....I have a problem with them though as they wouldn't take me on my books 6 years ago as I didn't have a degree, just many many years of work and a CIMA qual!! Sad how pig-headed I can still be all those year later!!!

Judith
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

james is on a distinguished road

Jeremy

Not sure what you mean by resources sector, please can you explain. I have worked mainly in the service sector since leaving practice. Thanks

Originally Posted by JAJ
You may find a lot of the finance jobs in Perth are in the resources sector and they will be looking for experience of this nature.

That's not to say you won't get a job, but you will have to deal with this issue.

Jeremy
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy

Not sure what you mean by resources sector, please can you explain. I have worked mainly in the service sector since leaving practice. Thanks
Resources = oil, gas, mining, refineries etc.
Plus agriculture (eg grain).

Jeremy