Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accomodation / Work in Brisbane

Accomodation / Work in Brisbane

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

vcornford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accomodation / Work in Brisbane

Hey there just wondered whether anyone has any info on the kind of work / housing available in Brisbane and rental prices / wages etc. Me and my partner are making the first steps to moving over there and are looking for all the info we can get.

He would be going on working travel visa and I would probably go on a student visa as I'm just over 30 and looking to re-train for work. He's all his HGV licences etc but not sure whether we would have to redao them etc.

Any advice really appreciated
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:35 am
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice
Default Re: Accomodation / Work in Brisbane

Here in Queensland only a car and motorbike licences are valid, While I was at the test centre having mine transfered to an Australian one I asked if it would be OK to drive trucks up to 7.5 tonne like the UK and was informed that a car licence only covers you on vans and trucks up to 4.5 tonne. And any other licence i.e HGV is not recognised, so the answer to this is yes he will have to re-take his test to get an HGV licence. Here is the link to Heavy Goods Vehicles information and here is the link for the Queensland Road Rules test you have to answer 8 questions right out of 10 to give you a rough idea of what is expected

Last edited by aussiedreamz; Feb 3rd 2009 at 5:42 am.