British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Accomodation Recommendation in Sydney (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/accomodation-recommendation-sydney-694081/)

herrchook Nov 19th 2010 2:23 am

Accomodation Recommendation in Sydney

Can anyone recommend decent priced accomodation in Sydney. We will ahve 4 days there before we get the keys to our new house. Not bothered if it's CBD or beach but we can't spend too much now we've got a Sydney sized mortgage lol.

Sandra Nov 19th 2010 4:21 am

Re: Accomodation Recommendation in Sydney

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 8990991)
Can anyone recommend decent priced accomodation in Sydney. We will ahve 4 days there before we get the keys to our new house. Not bothered if it's CBD or beach but we can't spend too much now we've got a Sydney sized mortgage lol.

I use the Oaks group - not cheapest but look outside the CBD and there might be some more reasonable prices.

Waldorf group also have reasonable short term stays - have a look at Ryde and Hornsby.

Also Quest apartments North Ryde - I have used quest a few places over Australia

Again none cheap cheap but possible a place to start if you have not already checked these.

Also try Terrey Hills Motel & Caravan Park as a search on the web this might also be another option but I am going to say I have never stayed here but close ot enough places on the North Shore; if it is cheap it might be an option

Have fun and good luck - you are welcome to contact me for any further assistance or a quick drink / coffee when you arrive

Cheers Sandra

binbird Nov 19th 2010 7:42 am

Hi - hope the move goes smoothly. Another place you might consider if Terrey Hills is convenient is Chequers Resort and Conference Centre. I believe it has recently been refurbished and has very reasonably priced family rooms. One of our sales reps who lives up near Foster chooses that as cheap and cheerful accommodation to get to our offices in Pymble. The only downside is that there is nothing within walking distance but I assume you will be bringing cars interstate and there are of course buses to cbd, beaches, shopping malls etc.

If you are in this area get in touch and we can meet up. . . .

B

Lisa and Martin Nov 22nd 2010 9:31 am

Hi Gill, new house looks great! We are also in St Ives. What dates are you looking for accommodation and is it for the 4 of you? Hope packing is going OK, bet you can't believe you are putting your life in cardboard boxes again....

herrchook Nov 22nd 2010 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Lisa and Martin (Post 8996503)
Hi Gill, new house looks great! We are also in St Ives. What dates are you looking for accommodation and is it for the 4 of you? Hope packing is going OK, bet you can't believe you are putting your life in cardboard boxes again....

Oh Lisa, you have no idea - it's like emigrating all over again lol.
We think we've found somewhere to stay, a lovely little apartment by the sea :thumbsup:.

I really can't wait to get in and start getting to know St Ives. It's a bit scary not knowing anyone again but we made friends in Melbourne and I'm sure we'll make friends in Sydney too:)

asher Nov 23rd 2010 3:04 am

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 8997679)
Oh Lisa, you have no idea - it's like emigrating all over again lol.
We think we've found somewhere to stay, a lovely little apartment by the sea :thumbsup:.

I really can't wait to get in and start getting to know St Ives. It's a bit scary not knowing anyone again but we made friends in Melbourne and I'm sure we'll make friends in Sydney too:)

welcome to Sydney
I'm in sutherland shire so a bit too far from you, hope the move goes smoothly you will love Sydney it's a great place to live :thumbsup: