Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACCIDENT DAMAGED CARS IN WA

ACCIDENT DAMAGED CARS IN WA

Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough
Default ACCIDENT DAMAGED CARS IN WA

Was wondering how easy it would be to buy an accident damaged car in Perth or the South west. Would this be a cheaper option as second hand car values seem very high? If so where would I look?

Thanks
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

chris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to all
Default Re: ACCIDENT DAMAGED CARS IN WA

Originally Posted by tayles
Was wondering how easy it would be to buy an accident damaged car in Perth or the South west. Would this be a cheaper option as second hand car values seem very high? If so where would I look?

Thanks
was thinking of doing it my self as i used to tinker with them in the uk here is 1 site i have been looking at
http://www.pickles.com.au/

chris
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

hi guys
a good idea,make sure you know what you are looking for and check out insurance as i`m sure you will only get third party on a re-registered car.
Originally Posted by chris34uk
was thinking of doing it my self as i used to tinker with them in the uk here is 1 site i have been looking at
http://www.pickles.com.au/

chris
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys. Anybody got any other sites or advice?

Are there any tax implications doing this?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:51 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
If your talking about getting a "re-birthed" car, it is illegal apart from being dangerous.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Bloke
If your talking about getting a "re-birthed" car, it is illegal apart from being dangerous.
Perhaps you would like to explain the word "re-birthed" because what we are speaking about is not illegal nor dangerous as we have bought a couple of cars this way in the Uk.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:11 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you would like to explain the word "re-birthed" because what we are speaking about is not illegal nor dangerous as we have bought a couple of cars this way in the Uk.
just brousing the BE and saw this and thought id stick my 2 peneths in.
cars dont grow on trees they are built.cars are writen off mainly for the labour cost to re build them in relation to the value of the car.what is the difference between a garage rebuilding a nearly new car on the insurance.or same car same damage but three years old and writen off and the same garage rebuilding the write off.nothing exept people think one is a death trap.