accessing super

Old Dec 25th 2006, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

sunnysider22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default accessing super

has anyone on here been able to access their superannuation before retirement age. ive trawled the net looking for info and found that it can be done if you show extreme financial hardship. pretty vague really. i'll be returning to oz with not too many dollars in my sky rocket and it would be pretty handy to get my hands on my super for a van/tools etc. i know this isnt really extreme hardship but is their anything i could do to get my hands on the dollars. anyone got an example of how they accessed their super? would getting divorced and being broke be enough of an excuse? needing house deposit etc? im clutching at straws i know but any advice would be great. cheers guys and enjoy your christmas hols.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 6:18 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: accessing super

Originally Posted by sunnysider22
has anyone on here been able to access their superannuation before retirement age. ive trawled the net looking for info and found that it can be done if you show extreme financial hardship. pretty vague really. i'll be returning to oz with not too many dollars in my sky rocket and it would be pretty handy to get my hands on my super for a van/tools etc. i know this isnt really extreme hardship but is their anything i could do to get my hands on the dollars. anyone got an example of how they accessed their super? would getting divorced and being broke be enough of an excuse? needing house deposit etc? im clutching at straws i know but any advice would be great. cheers guys and enjoy your christmas hols.
i believe it can be done but only if you are not an australian citizen .