Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accessing .co.uk sites from Oz

Accessing .co.uk sites from Oz

Old Dec 16th 2006, 7:13 pm
Loving Perth!

TheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant future
Default Accessing .co.uk sites from Oz

Hi All,

Probably a daft question, but can you access web sites ending .co.uk from Oz?

Seems fairly obvious that you would be able to, but various people have said to me, let us know you're new email address when you are set up down under?!

Also thinking of things like online banking etc.... Try not to laugh when answering! Gets easily confusing all this emigration lark!

Cheers!

Jane x
Old Dec 16th 2006, 7:15 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Accessing .co.uk sites from Oz

Originally Posted by TheHallidays
Hi All,

Yes.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 7:16 pm
Loving Perth!

TheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant future
Default Re: Accessing .co.uk sites from Oz

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yes.
Ta - panic over, now got to think of another minor point to stress over

watch this space.....
Old Dec 16th 2006, 7:26 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Seems fairly obvious that you would be able to, but various people have said to me, let us know you're new email address when you are set up down under?!

Also thinking of things like online banking etc.... Try not to laugh when answering! Gets easily confusing all this emigration lark!

Cheers!

Jane x
PM your bank details and I'll check to see if it works......
Old Dec 16th 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

The Internet is exactly the same here as what it is in the UK. I beleive that the BBC block some live broadcasts but everything else works great.

As to email addresses, you will get a new one when you sign up to an Australian Internet provider, you can obviously use this is if you want or you can set one up on Yahoo, Hotmail Etc

Hi All,

Cheers!

Jane x
Old Dec 17th 2006, 12:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The problem will only arise if you are with someone like bluyonder.co.uk and your email address is linked to that. In that case the address usually goes once you drop the contract. Then once you are here you get one with dod, telstra, or whoever you sign up with.

Why not create one on Yahoo or Hotmail now, if you don't already have one, then you can give people a fresh address before you leave.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 2:39 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cheers!

Jane x
Are you having a laugh?
Old Dec 17th 2006, 2:54 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Cheers!

Jane x
Nope. Everything in Oz is umop ap!sdn.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 7:14 am
Loving Perth!

Originally Posted by C&R
Are you having a laugh?
I know I know! I did say don't laugh.....

I read some advice somewhere about getting a roaming email address - that's what started my off - but I know now.....
Old Dec 17th 2006, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

I know I know! I did say don't laugh.....

I read some advice somewhere about getting a roaming email address - that's what started my off - but I know now.....
Fear not, with this kind of question you'll sound like a genius in Perth.
Plus if you can grasp the concept of Daylight Savings Time then you'll be a candidate for Mastermind!!

Good luck!