Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

access course to social work

access course to social work

Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

loopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really nice
Default access course to social work

i know i have put this thread on previous forums and apologies for anyone who has heard this before.

has anyone done an access course in the uk and have they got you anywhere in oz. i have been doing an access to social work for the last year and will be leaving with some pretty good qualifications (that would enable me to attend uni), but unfortunatley i don't even know if they will be of any use over there.

any advise would be brill

cheers
loopy
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

devonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant future
Default Re: access course to social work

Originally Posted by loopyloo2
i know i have put this thread on previous forums and apologies for anyone who has heard this before.

has anyone done an access course in the uk and have they got you anywhere in oz. i have been doing an access to social work for the last year and will be leaving with some pretty good qualifications (that would enable me to attend uni), but unfortunatley i don't even know if they will be of any use over there.

cheers
loopy

Hi loopy

can't help re access course, i did one myself last year my problem is that i am just completeing first year uni here and would like to transfer to uni in oz, i have emailed them direct and they are really helpful, so my advice would be for you to email the uni you are interested in direct and they should be able to help.

Anita
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:25 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered emailing the universities in the city you are moving to or looking at their web sites as perhaps you would be able to get an answer from them. Like here each uni probably has different criteria. Just a though as I guess you would be able to get an accurate insight into what is expected and how they would treat your certificate from the access course. Aren't they good courses; I did a media one when I first arrived in the UK and got into Goldsmiths uni for media but as I hadn't lived here long enough, they were going to treat me as an overseas student, hence very big fees, hence I was unable to do it.

Good luck with your future ventures.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by loopyloo2

cheers
loopy
I did an access course in the U.K and then went to Uni. I thought the course was fantastic. I had left school at 15 with no qualifications. Because of the access course I did really well at Uni gaining extra qualifications and I haven't stopped study since. I dont know though weather the access course will be recognised in Aus as a way into Uni but why dont you try e-mailing some of their Unis and see what they say. Good luck with your course anyway, hope it all goes O.k.
TRACIE
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
I did an access course in the U.K and then went to Uni. I thought the course was fantastic. I had left school at 15 with no qualifications. Because of the access course I did really well at Uni gaining extra qualifications and I haven't stopped study since. I dont know though weather the access course will be recognised in Aus as a way into Uni but why dont you try e-mailing some of their Unis and see what they say. Good luck with your course anyway, hope it all goes O.k.
TRACIE
Sorry only just noticed the other poster advised e-mailing
Tracie
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

if it's any use...

according to the Uni fo QLD in brisbane... an NVQ/SVQ level 3, does not meet the requirements for a BSocWk (bachelor of Socal work).

as a mature student they will invite you to apply and say that they take into account relevant work experience... but they will tell you that the qualification on its doesn't meet the level required for entrance! (at least this is what they told me the first time i applied [as international student])

an access to SW is most probably enough..... but best to check with each individual uni as they can all tell you different things!