British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Accepted offer on house (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/accepted-offer-house-304766/)

chippy dave May 23rd 2005 7:42 pm

Accepted offer on house

Hiya gang,

After over 7 months and two price drops later we,ve accepted an offer on our house :D The price is,nt far off what we,ed hoped for and certainly more than we thought we would have got two years ago when we started looking into migrating lark.In an area where houses hav,nt shifted for months our estate agent reckons we,ve done well getting what we,ve got.
Hopefully things will run smooth as there,s only three parties in the chain.

Good luck to the rest of you we know what a pain selling your house can be :)

dave

louise4 May 23rd 2005 7:52 pm

Re: Accepted offer on house

Congratulations, i hope it all goes smoothly for you

Louise

tracey.d May 23rd 2005 8:07 pm

Congratulations. Nice to see somebodys having luck on the house selling front. I'm really pleased for you :)
Tracey.

Where abouts are you heading by the way?

vikk May 23rd 2005 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hiya gang,

After over 7 months and two price drops later we,ve accepted an offer on our house :D The price is,nt far off what we,ed hoped for and certainly more than we thought we would have got two years ago when we started looking into migrating lark.In an area where houses hav,nt shifted for months our estate agent reckons we,ve done well getting what we,ve got.

dave

ARRRRGGHH! Fantastic news. So pleased for you both. I'll keep my fingers toes and any other bits crossed for you. I hope it all goes through, you needed a bit of good news. Glad you got it let me know how it goes.

jonni boy May 23rd 2005 8:26 pm

nice one matey and karma on it's way........good luck to you and yours :beer:

chippy dave May 23rd 2005 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by vikk
ARRRRGGHH! Fantastic news. So pleased for you both. I'll keep my fingers toes and any other bits crossed for you. I hope it all goes through, you needed a bit of good news. Glad you got it let me know how it goes.

Hi Vicky,

Yes it is good news thats one of the big things out of the way if it all goes ok.As for the visa i,m glad i did,nt get it last week when we got the meds admin cock up letter as you know we wer,nt in the right frame of mind with it all.So hopefully we should get it in the next 4-6 weeks,although the panel doctors secretary did,nt get back to me today but tommorrow is another day and i,ll nail her down then.

dave

chippy dave May 23rd 2005 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by tracey.d

Where abouts are you heading by the way?

East Manchester Tracey.

dave

tracey.d May 23rd 2005 8:32 pm

East Manchester Tracey.

dave

:confused: I meant in australia.

chippy dave May 23rd 2005 8:32 pm

Sorry Tracey when i read through your post i thought you,d wrote where are you selling(heads gone today).

Not sure totally but at the mo it looks like we are going to start off in SE Queensland and see from there,but if you knew me better you,d know that could change tommorrow :D

dave

tracey.d May 23rd 2005 8:36 pm

Sorry Tracey when i read through your post i thought you,d wrote where are you selling(heads gone today).

Not sure totally but at the mo it looks like we are going to start off in SE Queensland and see from there,but if you knew me better you,d know that could change tommorrow :D

dave

;) I get you now. I'm having a day like that. Who am I trying to kid, every days like that these days. This migration malarkey has turned my brain to mush :o

I don't know where exactly I'm going yet. I now have a job in Brisbane but not sure where I'm going to settle exactly. I could probably tell you of more places in Queensland than I could in the UK. Have looked at so many different places. I'm just going to see where I land when I arrive I think :scared:

Tracey

The Bread Knife May 23rd 2005 8:45 pm

Hiya gang,

dave

Dave,

Good luck, hope everything runs smoothly for you!!!

The Bread Knife :beer: :beer:

hilary6 May 23rd 2005 8:46 pm

Great stuff Dave
Thats another step closer! Sent karma
good luck
Hilary ;)

marysidey May 24th 2005 3:24 am

Great news Dave Its about time you guys had a bit of luck

hope it goes smoothly from now. See you on the other side !

Love mary & stu

TheRossers May 24th 2005 6:34 am

Hiya gang,

dave

Good news Dave, hope it all goes swimmingly for you. Just sent some good luck K.

teach May 24th 2005 6:45 am

Hiya gang,

dave

Congratulations. I know exactly how you are feeling, ours was on for just over 11 months. Fingers crossed that everything goes through smoothly for you.
Sarah