Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accepted An Offer On The House!!

Accepted An Offer On The House!!

Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:53 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Accepted An Offer On The House!!

Finally after dumping the estate agents (Bairstow Eves - DON'T USE THEM!!), we've accepted an offer on the house!

Within a week of taking on new agents we had three viewing in three days. The last of the three came on sunday morning, asked to come again the same evening and a 3rd visit the following day. Within half an hour, the agent phoned with an offer from 2 of the people who visited. Wow, 2 offers!!

The first offer was 5K short but the also have a house to sell so there are all the problems that go with. The couple who came 3 times put in an offer of 15K less (Cheeky buggers!) but upped it twice before ending at the price I was after. They have no house to sell, have already given the agent their solicitors details and we've spotted them driving past the house 3 times for another look!

Fingers crossed it will all go through alright and we can book some tickets.

This has taken over three years to get this far!

See you all soon!

Now....which airline to take.....

Last edited by SteveBannister; Jul 15th 2004 at 6:12 am.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:41 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hiya Steve

Congrats on the house sale! Do you have any idea when you will

be able to go?

Are you going to have a farewell Essex meet????

Wheres my spag bol I'll supply the wine

Nikki and Graham x
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Steve,
How the rest of the move goes smoothly for you.

Whisky
Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Accepted An Offer On The House!!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Finally after dumping the estate agents (Bairstow Eves - DON'T USE THEM!!), we've accepted an offer on the house!

Within a week of taking on new agents we had three viewing in three days. The last of the three came on sunday morning, asked to come again the same evening and a 3rd visit the following day. Within half an hour, the agent phoned with an offer from 2 of the people who visited. Wow, 2 offers!!

The first offer was 5K short but the also have a house to sell so there are all the problems that go with. The couple who came 3 times put in an offer of 15K less (Cheeky buggers!) but upped it twice before ending at the price I was after. They have no house to sell, have already given the agent their solicitors details and we've spotted them driving past the house 3 times for another look!

Fingers crossed it will all go through alright and we can book some tickets.

This has taken over three years to get this far!

See you all soon!

Now....which airline to take.....
Singapore of course

YIPPPPPEEEEEE
Really great news On with the packing now eh Bet Eve will need an extra container for her handbags

Oy why did you not answer the Essex girls thread about a last meet? I am sure that you will have for one last meet

Finally, when are you going?
Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:54 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

congrats hope all goes well, fingers crossed.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:02 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Accepted An Offer On The House!!

Originally posted by debsy
Singapore of course

YIPPPPPEEEEEE
Really great news On with the packing now eh Bet Eve will need an extra container for her handbags

Finally, when are you going?
We're going as soon as the house does. We haven't got any family to stay with, really.

This is the 2nd box of handbags!.....

Last edited by SteveBannister; Jul 15th 2004 at 3:21 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:22 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Yahoooooo!!!
Attached Thumbnails Accepted An Offer On The House!!-sold.jpg  
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:32 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default great news

Hi

That really is fantastic news, and they sound like perfect buyers too!!! Good luck with bkg your flights!
Lucy
Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Steve - get those bags packed and those flights booked - it's been a long time coming!!!.......
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:26 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by steandleigh
Good news Steve - get those bags packed and those flights booked - it's been a long time coming!!!.......
Hope all goes well, assumed you had gone ages ago as hadn't seen you posting, hope you manage a quick house sale.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:32 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck Steve!!
All the best with the rest,
Donna.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck with the rest of the sale hope it goes through and you can be off.

We have second viewing tomorrow. They came yesterday now want a second look.:scared:

Hope our Visas aren't too much longer.

Well done

Helen
Old Jul 17th 2004, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Good Luck Steve

Hope it all goes well!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

We are really happy for you guys!!!

Hope it wont take too much longer.

As for flights, do what we did and go via Jo'burg, stop over and say hi to Eve's rellies and then head on here, It breaks the flight and you get a great holiday into the bargain. It didn't cost all that much more either.

Anyway I bet you can't wait to get set up out here! We are having a great time, the best move we have ever made!!!! By the way Wayne has a job now too, and we are starting the process to build our house on Norfolk lakes in Narangba Valley. We drove up to our land and were just as happy to see a sold sticker on the board, only we are the buyers!!!! YIppppeee.

Lots of love to Eve and the kids
Hazel.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 9:31 am
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by Rudy
We are really happy for you guys!!!

Hope it wont take too much longer.

As for flights, do what we did and go via Jo'burg, stop over and say hi to Eve's rellies and then head on here, It breaks the flight and you get a great holiday into the bargain. It didn't cost all that much more either.

Anyway I bet you can't wait to get set up out here! We are having a great time, the best move we have ever made!!!! By the way Wayne has a job now too, and we are starting the process to build our house on Norfolk lakes in Narangba Valley. We drove up to our land and were just as happy to see a sold sticker on the board, only we are the buyers!!!! YIppppeee.

Lots of love to Eve and the kids
Hazel.
Hi Hazel,

Wonderful news, well done.

We can't wait to get there now, it's been too long!

You might be able to help me with something, I've done a lot of searching, but can you do me a favour, can you find out if we can take our gas cooker with us? If it needs to be converted, how much? that sort of thing. Eve's determined to take it, so I've got to find out!

I'm pleased for Waynes new job, tell him good luck.

Frightened to stop at Jo'burg in case we don't leave again!

Speak to you soon Hazel,

Steve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.