Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accepted an offer - Conveyancing?

Accepted an offer - Conveyancing?

Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:58 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Accepted an offer - Conveyancing?

Hi there all,

I've just accepted an offer on my house and was wondering if anybody had any experience of using a Conveyancing House for this? The difference in price is pretty tangible when compared to using a local solicitor. I have received a very good quote from JoslinRhodes.co.uk, who appear to offer a pretty good service. Does anybody have any experience of using them or a company like them? Any thoughts?

S
Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice
Default Re: Accepted an offer - Conveyancing?

I looked into all this when we sold our place in London a few months back. We were living in the US so I didn't care where in the UK the firm was based but wanted someone who was used to working electronically (most of the forms and documents I was able to get by them scanning and emailing and I could complete and return them the same way.)

We got a horrendous quote from a firm "recommended" by the estate agents (nearly 1000GBP) so I did some internet research and found a lot of companies offering fixed price conveyancing for less than 500.

I eventually went with sawleandco.co.uk and was happy with them. Had to chase them on a couple of things but I've bought and sold a few places and that has always been my experience. i think I paid about 300-400. The main reason I chose them was because they are actually solicitors and seemed to be a decent sized/established firm. Most of the others I found were just intermediaries that put you in touch with a solicitor so you don't know what you'll get.
Most offer "no completion-no fee" which i think is worth having in today's market. I paid about 30 upfront for that.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:54 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi there all,

I've just accepted an offer on my house and was wondering if anybody had any experience of using a Conveyancing House for this? The difference in price is pretty tangible when compared to using a local solicitor. I have received a very good quote from JoslinRhodes.co.uk, who appear to offer a pretty good service. Does anybody have any experience of using them or a company like them? Any thoughts?

S
I used one based in Cornwall. I had no problems & saved a packet. Go for it.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I'm using a solicitors recommended by the estate agent, they're a bit more expensive than a conveyancing house but searching through housing forums on the web the general view seemed to be don't use conveyancing houses if you want anything doing in a timely manner and don't want to spend time chasing.

I'm paying a couple of hundred pounds more but feel it's worth it.

My previous experience with a sort of conveyancing house was pretty awful and in the end I decided it was easier to deal with the solicitor they appointed directly.