Accepted a Job

Old Nov 30th 2003, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accepted a Job

Just accepted a job in Adelaide, hopefully heading there in April on a TR visa, and pick up the PR in August, assuming it goes through OK.

What have I let myself in for! This will be about 9 months ahead of our original plan.

Shed loads to do, not least of which is selling the house...
Old Nov 30th 2003, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Well done - you're right, the hard work starts now (ENJOY!!)

Regards
Old Nov 30th 2003, 10:06 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Congratulations on getting your job!

I'm also heading for Adelaide next August.

What line are you in and can you find out if they need any accountants?

It wil be a rush to be ready to go in April, I'm sure, but it will be a great feeling knowing you have a job lined up when you arrive.

Do you know whereabouts you want to live?

Elaine
Old Nov 30th 2003, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all!

I'm in IT consultancy, its a small firm with am emphasis on local government work. I do PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne technical infrastructure (formally known as JD Edwards OneWorld).

We are planning to live in the South Eastern area, basically in the Adelaide hills, relatives tell us Blackwood and Flagstaff Hill are nice, they narrowed it right down to the Blackwood Park and Craigburn Farm repectively. Whether we can buy a house or get land there is a different story!
Old Nov 30th 2003, 10:36 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Don't know much about the South East as my sister (sponsor) lives north of the city, but others have said it's lovely around the Hills so it sounds like a good choice.

I'm sooo jealous that you're going before me and have your job lined up!

Still, you can always join forces with podgypossum and check out the social life etc for those following on..

Good luck, keep us posted on how you're doing with the house sale and all the other preparations (when you have a spare minute!)

Elaine
Old Nov 30th 2003, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Will do Elaine...

Task list 1, things to do before Christmas

1) Renew Passports
2) Contact removal people
3) Open HSBC bank account in Aus
4) Contact schools
5) Fix leaky gutter
6) Sell off\value company equipment
6) Create full plan & tasklist.
Old Nov 30th 2003, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi Paul... Blackwood is a lovely little place...thats where we intend to buy a house when we have finished renting. I dont think we will be able to afford ot buy a nice house in Glenelg way too dear... but Blackwood is a very pretty village and is not far from the city. Belair is good too.
Old Nov 30th 2003, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The list is endless!!
Include going to the dump about 15 times to get rid of all of your junk and about 5 trips to charity shops, oh and the Boot sales and ebay adverts!! Get started now is my advice!!
Old Nov 30th 2003, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks podgypossum, Belair also has a very nice school called St Johns Grammar, I'm not sure if I can afford it, but I'm going to try...
Old Nov 30th 2003, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Funny thing is, I feel a bit more relaxed now that the die is cast, the last month since the oppurtunity came along has been hell!
Old Nov 30th 2003, 11:43 am

PP,

Sent you an e-mail.

Elaine
Old Nov 30th 2003, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Elaine M
PP,

Sent you an e-mail.

Elaine

Hi Elaine..i cant receive emails at the moment..theres a glitch on my laptop and since we joined up with the Aussie ISP i cant receive anything!!.. i can get PM messages on here though
Old Nov 30th 2003, 11:49 am

PP,

Ok, pasted my email into a PM - sorry!

Elaine
Old Nov 30th 2003, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Elaine M
PP,

Ok, pasted my email into a PM - sorry!

Elaine
just sent you a reply Elaine..hope it worked
Old Nov 30th 2003, 12:29 pm

Yep,

Got it and replied - thanks.

Elaine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.