About forex

Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:50 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Question About forex

Hello Folks,
Wanted to know your feedback of how much forex one need to carry so that to sustain one month in Melb/ Ade/ Syd.
I am talking about single person migrating to such city.

Wanted guidance if one leaves the hotel expenses aside.
Forex => AUD$s + TC's.
Experience Expats from their experience while migrating to a new place...
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:07 am

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Unhappy Re: About forex

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Hello Folks,
Wanted to know your feedback of how much forex one need to carry so that to sustain one month in Melb/ Ade/ Syd.

Forex => AUD$s + TC's.
hmmmmmmmm reviving the thread...
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:36 am

Question Re: About forex

hmmmmmmmm reviving the thread...
ok is there anyone who can tell me about TC's...
Which is the TCs acceptable(Ameican Exp.,etc which is the best choice) in Australia and at which points I can encash, I know airport as one place and big banks as another...
any help?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:51 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About forex

Sorry am i being thick?
FOREX?????
TC? Do you mean Travellers Cheques?
I am completely lost....
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Folks,
I'd say about 3 cartons, but I prefer Fosters myself.

...sorry
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:16 pm

Wink Re: About forex

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Sorry am i being thick?
FOREX?????
TC? Do you mean Travellers Cheques?
I am completely lost....
A = Apple
B = Ball
C = Cat....

FOREX = FOReign + EXchange.
TC = Travellers Cheque...
Dont be confused...Its good that you asked..Rather than being confused and ignorent for life..
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:19 pm

Smile Re: About forex

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
I'd say about 3 cartons, but I prefer Fosters myself.

...sorry
But I would prefer sound finanical knowlege over Girls and Drinks...
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

ok is there anyone who can tell me about TC's...
Which is the TCs acceptable(Ameican Exp.,etc which is the best choice) in Australia and at which points I can encash, I know airport as one place and big banks as another...
any help?
It's impossible to say how much you need for a month. Everyone's requirement's different. Are you staying in a hotel or a furnished apartment? Will you be renting a car or using public transport or taxis? Will you be making international phone calls? Will you be doing something touristy, travelling around, going to a show/movie?

If you're staying in a hotel, you don't have the facilities to cook your own meals, you'll be looking at spending anywhere between $25 and $60 a day eating out, depending on what and where you eat. If you're staying in a furnished apartment, cook your own food, the meals will probably cost half of what you'd pay eating out. Same for laundry, if you have a washer-dryer in the apartment, that will save you from having to send everything to the laundromat.

If you are renting car, you're paying at least $20/day and then there's petrol and extra mileage, etc. Public transport may or may not be cheaper depending on how far and how often you need to commute in one month.

So hotel expenses aside, you're probably looking at $2000-3000 for the one month, with some allowance for contingencies.

Not too helpful but I've tried...

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
It's impossible to say how much you need for a month. Everyone's requirement's different. Are you staying in a hotel or a furnished apartment? Will you be renting a car or using public transport or taxis? Will you be making international phone calls? Will you be doing something touristy, travelling around, going to a show/movie?

If you're staying in a hotel, you don't have the facilities to cook your own meals, you'll be looking at spending anywhere between $25 and $60 a day eating out, depending on what and where you eat. If you're staying in a furnished apartment, cook your own food, the meals will probably cost half of what you'd pay eating out. Same for laundry, if you have a washer-dryer in the apartment, that will save you from having to send everything to the laundromat.

If you are renting car, you're paying at least $20/day and then there's petrol and extra mileage, etc. Public transport may or may not be cheaper depending on how far and how often you need to commute in one month.

So hotel expenses aside, you're probably looking at $2000-3000 for the one month, with some allowance for contingencies.

Not too helpful but I've tried...

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Sure it was helpful.
I would narrow down my requirement to spending bare min. that is required on eating and travelling in public transport. the Public transport is cool and i know how to cook not much but little...
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:51 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hello Folks,

Forex => AUD$s + TC's.

So its not the Castlemaine Forex then !!!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
LOL. JTL's having a few forex gold...

Mrs JTL
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
Castlemaine Forex
Is a french for me...
kindly explain...
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:33 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

A = Apple
B = Ball
C = Cat....

FOREX = FOReign + EXchange.
TC = Travellers Cheque...
Dont be confused...Its good that you asked..Rather than being confused and ignorent for life..
Actually........

A = Alpha
B = Beta
C = Charlie

etc.

Sorry!

Jim
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Castlemaine Forex
Is a french for me...
kindly explain...
Oh, so you didn't get my joke.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:36 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Castlemaine Forex
Is a french for me...
kindly explain...
It's a (not very good) Australian beer.

French is something completely different which we won't discuss on this forum!!

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.