Reload this Page >

Aboriginal Australia

Wikiposts

Aboriginal Australia

Old Jul 7th 2004, 5:11 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Muzza04
Yes they have riots in Oz, mainly regarding aboriginals and their treatment etc.

However, the UK aint no different, if not worse.

Brixton Riots
Tottenham Riots
If my football team suffered St. Totteringham's Day year after year, I'd riot as well.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 5:53 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Found it

"Strathclyde Police should be ashamed of the events that unfolded in Govanhill on Tuesday 7th August. Ostensibly there to protect Sheriff's Officers in their attempt to clear the occupiers from Calder Street Swimming Pool their heavy handed tactics throughout the day and particularly in the evening almost provoked a riot in the Southside of Glasgow"

Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:06 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Muzza04
Riots on the M25 too!!!
Yeah, but the m25 wasn't in Australia last time i looked
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

bob and ginnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aboriginal Australia

so.....Kong.....you're looking for responses again, aren't you?
Anyhow . . . . after living 35 years in this great place and meeting many Aboriginals, which I doubt you have done, I'm all ears as to your solution to a delicate problem facing all Australians . . . . that is, if you have one?????
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:19 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aboriginal Australia

Originally posted by bob and ginnie
Anyhow . . . . after living 35 years in this great place and meeting many Aboriginals, which I doubt you have done, I'm all ears as to your solution to a delicate problem facing all Australians . . . . that is, if you have one?????
this should be good
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:39 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by soapy
this should be good
Have you seen his previous answers to sensible questions ?

Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:40 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Kong asked anyone for a solution. He was just c and p ing an artical that he thought might be of some interest to people looking on the lifestle and culture forum

His way may be that of a stirrer, but god damn, it works every bloody time

If you don't like it, don't read it. Its not personally abusive to anyone is it
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:56 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by hevs
I don't think Kong asked anyone for a solution. He was just c and p ing an artical that he thought might be of some interest to people looking on the lifestle and culture forum

His way may be that of a stirrer, but god damn, it works every bloody time

If you don't like it, don't read it. Its not personally abusive to anyone is it
Stirring is level pegging with sarcasm for wit. Funny but.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Ansy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

To start with I would like to give a brief intro.....I'm half-black and half-white American: African mom and Caucasian-American dad. My parents brought me up well and with good values.

It appears to me that a lot of aboriginal have given up hope of achieving economical and financial success despite the very many opportunities the government has offered them.

On the one hand being black or a person of color in Aus is difficult because of general Aussie beliefs of people of color. It seems like to many white Aussies anyone with a darker skin-tone than them could not be possibly intelligent or know what they are doing. I have experienced it myself and so have some of my Asian and African colleagues. It appears that there is a "white supremacy," attitude amongst white Aussies.

However, that is no reason for a cope out by a majority of Aborigines, who do not even have a united front to speak of and campaign against the social injustices committed against them. Frankly, I do not feel sorry for them because they have these wonderful opportunities they do not want to embrace e.g, cheaper school fees for school, a zillion university scholarships etc...

Yes, indeed racism is tough to eradicate, but, as an individual we have to choose to live our best life yet and not by the way some racist individuals treat us. Frankly, the racism at my work place does not phase me out because, at the end of the day, my clients are happy with my work, I do a great job, I am well skilled and the NSW government signs me a big paycheck!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bob and ginnie
Ahhh, the standard question - as if it somehow excuses the situation. Nobody has said that the aboriginal 'problem' is easy to resolve - but, why is life for indigenous folk so much worse in Oz than in NZ or USA?
Old Jul 11th 2004, 6:28 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by MikeStanton
Ahhh, the standard question - as if it somehow excuses the situation. Nobody has said that the aboriginal 'problem' is easy to resolve - but, why is life for indigenous folk so much worse in Oz than in NZ or USA?
Follow Mandawuy Yunupingu's story and the The Yothu Yindi Foundation.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

It might be worthwhile considering the fact that the police in Redfern have long advocated the idea that the area has become a no-go area for law and order forces not so much as a result of racial tensions, but on the back of the fact that the situation (and indeed the riots) were the responsibility of an element in that community controlling the drug trade and that they were the root cause of the problems.
regretably its far too politically incorrect to deal with these people as they should be dealt with.
Redfern is mirrored in the outer West by Cabramatta. Another suburb with a huge drug problem linked with one ethnic backgorund (Vietnamese in this case).

I'm not saying Australia doesn't have issues with indigenous affairs, but I would say its very easy for some people to push these to the forefront to cover up a more basic problem, namely drugs.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RichS
It might be worthwhile considering the fact that the police in Redfern have long advocated the idea that the area has become a no-go area for law and order forces not so much as a result of racial tensions, but on the back of the fact that the situation (and indeed the riots) were the responsibility of an element in that community controlling the drug trade and that they were the root cause of the problems.
regretably its far too politically incorrect to deal with these people as they should be dealt with.
Redfern is mirrored in the outer West by Cabramatta. Another suburb with a huge drug problem linked with one ethnic backgorund (Vietnamese in this case).

I'm not saying Australia doesn't have issues with indigenous affairs, but I would say its very easy for some people to push these to the forefront to cover up a more basic problem, namely drugs.
I don't know the cause of the Cabramatta drug issue, but - and I'll go out on a limb here- the aboriginal issue has its roots in their 200+ years of dispossession. After all, they've only been regarded as citizens of their own country during the last 37 years.

The suggestion from last week's BBC programme is that the aboriginal situation isn't going to improve anytime soon.

Let's just hope that a charismatic aboriginal leader doesn't successfully push home the idea that violence is the answer - or Oz could have a mini Zimbabwe on its hands.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:12 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MikeStanton
I don't know the cause of the Cabramatta drug issue, but - and I'll go out on a limb here- the aboriginal issue has its roots in their 200+ years of dispossession. After all, they've only been regarded as citizens of their own country during the last 37 years.

The suggestion from last week's BBC programme is that the aboriginal situation isn't going to improve anytime soon.

Let's just hope that a charismatic aboriginal leader doesn't successfully push home the idea that violence is the answer - or Oz could have a mini Zimbabwe on its hands.
The only link between the 2 countries is there is a land rights issue. Other than that the countries are incomparable. One is run by a corrupt lying megalomaniac and the other by Robert Mugabe.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bondipom
The only link between the 2 countries is there is a land rights issue. Other than that the countries are incomparable. One is run by a corrupt lying megalomaniac and the other by Robert Mugabe.

Re: your second sentence; the underlying issues don't need to be the same - what matters is whether indigenous people feel that they have nothing to lose and they believe that violence gets results. Using violence seems to be the standard response in the 21st century - eg 9/11, suicide bombers etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.