ABN?

Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

rosiebaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ABN?

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me?
im a sports therapist from the uk and i have been looking for jobs on line in Oz, most require me to be self employed and to have an ABN (Australian business number) does anyone know if im able to get an ABN while on a temporary work visa? any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Peter
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:24 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: ABN?

I see no reason why not.

If your visa allows you to work, and does not disallow being self employed, then yes, you should be OK to get an ABN

The Australian Business Number (ABN) is a single identifier for all business dealings with the tax office and for dealings with other government departments and agencies
http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/pat...10#001_003_021

Old Feb 13th 2009, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rosiebaby
Hi i wonder if anyone can help me?
im a sports therapist from the uk and i have been looking for jobs on line in Oz, most require me to be self employed and to have an ABN (Australian business number) does anyone know if im able to get an ABN while on a temporary work visa? any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Peter
thanks for your help ABCDiamond, the links you sent are what i need

thanks again

Peter
Old Feb 13th 2009, 1:03 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, it's definitely possible to get a ABN while on a temporary visa. I have one for my Personal Training business, and they're very simple to get.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
Yes, it's definitely possible to get a ABN while on a temporary visa. I have one for my Personal Training business, and they're very simple to get.
hi johnnyx0, thanks for your reply, how did you go about getting your visa, can i get to Oz and apply while im there? im very interested in how you set this up as we are both in the health and fitness game. where are you based? as ive been told that i can only go to certain areas. ive looked at the Melbourne region and i think my business could do well there.
thanks again. Peter
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:19 am
Just Joined

hi johnnyx0, thanks for your reply, how did you go about getting your visa, can i get to Oz and apply while im there? im very interested in how you set this up as we are both in the health and fitness game. where are you based? as ive been told that i can only go to certain areas. ive looked at the Melbourne region and i think my business could do well there.
thanks again. Peter
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:46 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Peter,

I've sent you a private mail with some info on the industry in Melbourne - hopefully that will help. If you need anything more specific, let me know.

Cheers, John