British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Aberdeen meet-up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/aberdeen-meet-up-503058/)

chasingthedream Jan 2nd 2008 8:24 pm

Aberdeen meet-up

In conjunction with another forum I'm trying to arrange a meet-up up here in sunny Aberdeen! I was at the one held last year in the Cocket Hat, North Anderson Drive with some fellow BE guys and it was great to meet others with the same Oz obsessed frame of mind as myself! :eek:We met on Sunday afternoon for a few drinks and a good natter, and everyone was absolutely lovely!

I thought I'd suggest some dates, and we'll go with the majority. (But if no-one can manage ANY of the dates I'll obviously look at some more!) As for the venue, we can do it at the Cocket Hat again, or if anyone has any suggestions, just let me know!

Possible dates:
Sun 10th Feb
Sat 16th Feb
Sun 17th Feb

We'll probably meet in the afternoon about 2pm to avoid meal times? Unless anyone specifically wants to meet for lunch or tea?! Kids most definitely welcome! As I'll be taking my two along with us! Please fee free to make any suggestions to my proposals!
Would be great to have a good turn out, and it would be brilliant to put some faces to names!:thumbsup:

So just state your preference to date/time & an idea of how many will be in your party. Many thanks in advance!!
Mags
x

chasingthedream Jan 13th 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Aberdeen meet-up

Bump!

shabee Jan 13th 2008 10:03 pm

Hi Mags,

Just let us know where and when and we will be there.

Shabee
x

shabee Jan 13th 2008 10:06 pm

Hi Mags

Just let us know where and when and we will be there again.

Shabee
x

chasingthedream Jan 13th 2008 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by shabee (Post 5783168)
Hi Mags

Just let us know where and when and we will be there again.

Shabee
x

Will do! Will be great to see you again!
Mags
x

brian.w Jan 16th 2008 1:23 pm

I will be there also mags, as said, if my work allows me and not away from home etc.
Did not know about the last one and be great to meet others doing the same and see where everyone is heading.

shabee Jan 17th 2008 1:57 pm

bump

brian.w Jan 20th 2008 7:18 pm

bump

chasingthedream Jan 21st 2008 6:41 pm

Deciding on a date tonight!! Any more preferences before I set one??
Mags
x

chasingthedream Jan 21st 2008 9:41 pm

Arrangements for the Aberdeen meet-up are as follows:

DATE: Sunday, 17th Feb
TIME: 2.30pm
PLACE: The Cocket Hat (Brewers Fayre/Premier Inn), North Anderson Drive, Aberdeen

Hope this is ok for everyone, but it’s hard to please everyone, so sorry if it wasn’t your preferred date! Hope too see you all there! I’ll book a few tables under the name “Poms in OZ/British Expats”. If anyone fancies staying for tea that’s great as my kids want to, so it looks like we will be!
Mags
x

shabee Jan 24th 2008 5:29 pm

Hi Mags,

Have u got many coming.

chasingthedream Jan 24th 2008 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by shabee (Post 5834327)
Hi Mags,

Have u got many coming.

Hi Sharon!
Have got quite a few from Poms in Oz, would be nice to get a few more from here though! There's still time!
Mags
x

shabee Jan 25th 2008 8:03 am

ok, I think my friends will also be there again. I will let them know the details.
Sharon
x

OH! Our meds are all done, hope to get them sent on Mon.

chasingthedream Jan 25th 2008 10:34 am

Originally Posted by shabee (Post 5837053)
ok, I think my friends will also be there again. I will let them know the details.
Sharon
x

OH! Our meds are all done, hope to get them sent on Mon.

That's great, would be nice to see them again too! Hope the meds all went ok then! Hoping to get ours done at the end of next month - just depends on getting repots back from consultants following check-ups for Robyn & Robert. All going well though!
Mags
x

chasingthedream Feb 14th 2008 7:38 pm

Just a reminder for this sunday!
Mags
x