Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ABC learning centres

ABC learning centres

Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:30 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ABC learning centres

Originally Posted by vickymills
Our 7 month old goes to Birkdale daycare (Brisbane Bayside) $48 per day then we get a centrelink rebate taking it down to around $37.

He loves it and I love the break !

V

Where we live just outside London it averages about £50 a day
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fraser
Where we live just outside London it averages about £50 a day
yes - but where you live just outside London is a place with "just outside London" wages. You really can't compare like with like in that way.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RichS
yes - but where you live just outside London is a place with "just outside London" wages. You really can't compare like with like in that way.
In Brighouse West Yorkshire it was £28 for half a day compaed to the £15 full day we pay here.

But then here my hubby has taken a 30% pay cute and I'm not working now with having bubba to look after. So swings and roundabouts.....
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

We spend 22% of our net income on childcare in Oz compared to 12% in the UK, this is after including the gov subsidies, based on the same amount of time in childcare. Relative to income it seems more expensive here in our experience.

Originally Posted by vickymills
In Brighouse West Yorkshire it was £28 for half a day compaed to the £15 full day we pay here.

But then here my hubby has taken a 30% pay cute and I'm not working now with having bubba to look after. So swings and roundabouts.....