Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ABC Fast track Dr Who christmas special

ABC Fast track Dr Who christmas special

Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Re: ABC Fast track Dr Who christmas special

Here is the torrent location
just downloaded it no viruses...will watch on the media player later..

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4601...tor_WS_PDTV_Xv

Steve
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Here is the torrent location
just downloaded it no viruses...will watch on the media player later..

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4601...tor_WS_PDTV_Xv

Steve
Once you download the torrent file, which is only 16k, what do you do then ?

Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Once you download the torrent file, which is only 16k, what do you do then ?
download a file from
http://www.bitlord.com/

and go for V 1.1...

this is a small file but you need it to get torrents.run it and save to your C:\Drive,all torrents will be saved to C:\Program files\Bitlord\downloads...... by default...

after this when you get back to the Dr Who torrent and download it will run via bitlord.

Steve
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:55 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

download a file from
http://www.bitlord.com/
Or one of the far more popular uTorrent , BitTornado or Azureus
Old Dec 26th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigAPE
Or one of the far more popular uTorrent , BitTornado or Azureus
Whatever works.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Or just sign up to UKNOVA and download as many UK tv programs as you like. Dr Who was one of them.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
Or just sign up to UKNOVA and download as many UK tv programs as you like. Dr Who was one of them.
Sorry no Dr Whoo on UKNOVA...not this morning anyway
Old Dec 26th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Its on now as I just downloaded it this afternoon and watched it tonight
Old Dec 26th 2008, 8:52 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
Sorry no Dr Whoo on UKNOVA...not this morning anyway
Never understood why people download publicly available torrents from UKNova

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2121264

It's currently at S:5871 L:5687, so why waste your bandwidth keeping your ratio level when you don't need too. Use UKNova for the stuff you can't get publicly. Personally there is nothing I want to watch from the UK that I can't get openly, but I guess there are some who can't live without Eastenders and Coronation Street.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

It's currently at S:5871 L:5687, so why waste your bandwidth keeping your ratio level when you don't need too. Use UKNova for the stuff you can't get publicly. Personally there is nothing I want to watch from the UK that I can't get openly, but I guess there are some who can't live without Eastenders and Coronation Street.
Its my bandwidth so i guess i can us it anyway i want...i get 35GB download so why not
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:37 am
No Clean Feed

Its my bandwidth so i guess i can us it anyway i want...i get 35GB download so why not
Sure mate, you could download the Teletubbies for all I care. We each have our own favourites.

All I'm saying is that UK Nova require you to maintain a decent share ration or you will get banned from their "community". Keeping that ration up means lots of upload bandwidth which people here (generally) have to pay for. On public Torrents you can be as tight as you wish with your wad.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished watching it and I have to say....what a load of rubbish !!

I am now not suprised that david tennat is leaving, he must had made this one then thought, oh my god I have to get out.

The new doctor whos have always been a bit cheesey and over the top, but they were always fun and had a bit more to them for the adults but this one was just beyond silly.

I always loved watching them and hope that the change of the writer and a new doctor will give a new lease of life to the series, but that wont be happening till the 4 specials planned for 2009 are over and the new series starts in 2010. I could write a better script than this one was !!,

Very disappointed
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:55 am
No Clean Feed

Personally I thought it was pretty good. My boys loved it and it was quite good for Christmas.

I am a little baffled about the David Morrissey being the next Doctor Who thing. I can only assume that it was a con by the producers and the BBC to stir up some media hype for the episode. Given how the story unfolds it's pretty apparent that he isn't going to be the next Doctor. not without some serious wrangling in the scripts.

I think there will be another 11-12 months before any serious rumours arise about his replacement.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 10:37 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest - I can't be bothered dicking around with torrents at all. I download from the newsgroups, which is where it all began in the first place. I can download at close to the full speed of my Internet connection (8Mb/s) which means I can get a 700Mb film in about five minutes and a 300Mb episode of a TV show in under two.

All that dicking around with quotas, getting anally probed by the RIAA, waiting for some schmuck in Idaho to up his share ratio so I can get the last crucial 2Mb of my file down - you can shove it in the same place as Limewire and eDonkey and all those other virus-ridden fake repositories that keep my computer repair company in business.

The list of shows I mentioned above were *all* downloaded in about half an hour. Quite often the missus will say, oooh - is the new episode of Spooks/Top Gear/Have I Got News For You out ... and inside five minutes it's downloaded, transferred to the media PC and being watched. I only step foot in UK Nova when I'm truly desperate to get a show and even then I'll try the green demon or the pirate bay first.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future

Just wondering if anybody specificaly dloaded this file and played it OK. I can only get sound (full 700+ MB dloaded ok). Tried real and windows media players (both horrible I know if there are other -free- suggestions). Am on a cap, so prefer not to have to do it again.

Both programs sadi they were getting codecs to play the file, but still no joy (assume no need if it is .avi anyway)

Last edited by carlap; Dec 26th 2008 at 9:10 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.