Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Abbey National Telegrahic Transfers

Abbey National Telegrahic Transfers

Old May 14th 2004, 3:50 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Abbey National Telegrahic Transfers

Been down to our Abbey National two days running to try and send our AOS Bond Money out to Oz, after about 1/2 hour of trying both mornings the computers failed and I was asked to come back again tomorrow, so if anybody needs to do this within the next few days don't bother with Abbey National, go somewhere else if possible, apparently this glip has been going on all week, so off down the Nationwide tomorrow morning.
Old May 14th 2004, 4:07 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abbey National Telegrahic Transfers

Originally posted by leanda
Been down to our Abbey National two days running to try and send our AOS Bond Money out to Oz, after about 1/2 hour of trying both mornings the computers failed and I was asked to come back again tomorrow, so if anybody needs to do this within the next few days don't bother with Abbey National, go somewhere else if possible, apparently this glip has been going on all week, so off down the Nationwide tomorrow morning.
Hi Leanda

We tried to forward our bond money with the HSBC, been a customer for god knows how many years, they have been so unhelpful with everything, ended up putting our money into HIFX, now trying to send bond money via them, however we need to get the State Treasury's bank account details to do this, have tried emailing them but as of yet no response. All I can say is it a bl**dy good job you get 49 days to do this, i reckon we will need all of these by the end of it!!!!!!

Shall keep you posted how we get on.

Lisa (thinking calming thoughts of waterfalls and rainbows) ha ha
Old May 14th 2004, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont say that,im sending my money over to my uncles account in Oz with the Abbey.The only problem is house goes through on the Friday,flying on the Sunday,only gives me Saturday to get things sorted.Now youve got me worried.What part of Essex are you from ,i was born in Hornchurch and brought up in Romford.Cheers
Old May 14th 2004, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

dave.t is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy Sh*t!
:scared:

We're with the Abbey and are expecting money paid into our account by BACS to get there by Wednesday so we can TT the money to HIFX to pay our bond.

What's this about the HIFX needing us to find out account details for the nominated treasury? I'd kinda hoped they'd have all of that info. Does this mean ten tonne of calls to Oz to find out ourselves?
Old May 14th 2004, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I was intending to do this by building society cheque....anyone done this
Old May 14th 2004, 8:49 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dave.t
Holy Sh*t!
:scared:

We're with the Abbey and are expecting money paid into our account by BACS to get there by Wednesday so we can TT the money to HIFX to pay our bond.

What's this about the HIFX needing us to find out account details for the nominated treasury? I'd kinda hoped they'd have all of that info. Does this mean ten tonne of calls to Oz to find out ourselves?
Hi there dave.t

Spoke to HIFX again today just to reiterate wots required and yes you have to find out all of this information and put it on their 'onward payment instructions', you should have received this in your pack when you transfered your money over to them. Anyway once you get all these details from the treasury you then have to send this (via post or fedex) to HIFX and they then forward the appropriate paperwork to the treasury, (ass about face springs to mind).

The whole idea of us putting our money into this account was because we thought they could just transfer it directly but NO that would be too simple. Oh well enough ranting back to my calming thoughts.

Lisa x:scared:
Old May 14th 2004, 10:22 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Do they accept cash???

Just an idea.

Bye
Mark