Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aahhhhhh Spring is in the air

Aahhhhhh Spring is in the air

Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aahhhhhh Spring is in the air

Brisbanes gone crazy its early spring expected top temp 33 today,
36 (98) :scared: on saturday.

Its not humid and probably only a temporary glitch but you cant help wonder what the hell summer will bring, plenty of places get a lot hotter than brisbane too :scared:
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:38 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice
Default Re: Aahhhhhh Spring is in the air

mmmmmm...air con is a wonderful thing
Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

england in two weeks time....cold....foggy.......wet....grey...windy... .can't wait
Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:40 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
england in two weeks time....cold....foggy.......wet....grey...windy... .can't wait

Pollyanna,

I remember reading one of your posts last Summer saying how hot it was and how you missed the cold. At the time I thought "Yeah right".

Well, I take it all back. It's hot, damn hot, and I want some good old fashioned cold weather.

Paul.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Pollyanna,

I remember reading one of your posts last Summer saying how hot it was and how you missed the cold. At the time I thought "Yeah right".

Well, I take it all back. It's hot, damn hot, and I want some good old fashioned cold weather.

Paul.
Its bloody boiling, had to go home at lunchtime the patio read 34 thats in total shade and gets a breeze off the sea, the weather site bom claims its 27 not quite sure where they had the temp guage stuck then

Partner is australian and cannot print the words he used to describe working outside today Caboolure too, would be much hotter than here. Whingin aussie
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:00 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Its bloody boiling, had to go home at lunchtime the patio read 34 thats in total shade and gets a breeze off the sea, the weather site bom claims its 27 not quite sure where they had the temp guage stuck then

Partner is australian and cannot print the words he used to describe working outside today Caboolure too, would be much hotter than here. Whingin aussie
Hmm, the weather channel says it 24.7c here,right now too..I presume the local weather station is on top of a mountain, like the one at Mt Bassett Mackay...
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:05 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Its not humid and probably only a temporary glitch but you cant help wonder what the hell summer will bring, plenty of places get a lot hotter than brisbane too :scared:

OK OK OK..... stop rubbing it in then.......sheeeesssssh Some people don't half like bragging....

You lucky people.....
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Inside our house is 29 degrees right now. I am trying to keep our 12 week old baby cool, whilst I feel roasted. We have the ceiling fans on full, the windows and blinds closed. The only thing keeping me going is knowing Tim will be home in a few hours 2 and a quarter to be exact and counting and we are going out to buy a portable air con unit.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:29 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Give me hot over cold...ANYTIME

Aircon and fans. No problem
Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm off to the UK next week.

Getting back to Australia is a real pain (basically I am stuck over there for an extra 2 weeks as the Mrs cannot get a confirmed return flight on my airmiles: currently all flights late october/early november are weightlisted for London-Singapore, so obviously a mass exodus from the Old Country.

It will be nice being able to let off a few fireworks without burning down half the countryside!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 7:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of fires, its that time of year again - the smell of smoke in the air.....
-------------------------------------------------
Fire Activity Update 6 October 2005 4pm
6/10/2005
Forecast
Extreme fire weather warning in place up to and including Sunday 9 October

Temps in mid-thirties
NW to SW winds peaking at 20-30 knots on Saturday
Low humidity predicted

Brisbane and South East
The Gap
Flare up just after 10am
Burning over 100 ha
Large grassfire burning at Kimruska Place, Keryn Place and Settlement road
Settlement Rd closed
Homes threatened along Kimruska Place, Keryn Place and Settlement Road
Three Rural and two Urban Queensland Fire and Rescue Service (QFRS) crews as well as three Brisbane City Council bushfire suppression units in attendance
Two helicopters water bombing, one light plane for aerial reconnaissance

Wamuran
Burning since 1.30pm
Taylor rd Wamuran
Nine rural and one urban QFRS crew in attendance

Swanbank
Large grassfire
Patrick St Swanbank
One urban and five rural crews in attendance
Light plane for aerial reconnaissance

----------------------------------------------

http://www.fire.qld.gov.au/news/
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Inside our house is 29 degrees right now. I am trying to keep our 12 week old baby cool, whilst I feel roasted. We have the ceiling fans on full, the windows and blinds closed. The only thing keeping me going is knowing Tim will be home in a few hours 2 and a quarter to be exact and counting and we are going out to buy a portable air con unit.
Katie, you need to OPEN every window in the house to get a breeze through. Unless you have excellent insulation & A/C, you should NEVER close all the windows in the house when its hot as the roof void just heats up & the heat radiates down into the house. All you are doing with the fans is circulating hot air. It must be an expat thing, I see it all the time & they wonder why its hot :scared: .

Please please PLEASE, open all the windows & doors that you can when its hot like this - people DIE from locking themselves up in hot houses (especially elderly people & babies!).

Edit : PS & make sure you drink & drink & drink & so does the baby, you literally should be drinking gallons of water or you will dehydrate.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Oct 6th 2005 at 8:05 am.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:11 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Inside our house is 29 degrees right now.
Our house was 30C when I got in from work. Now it's cooled down to a much more pleasant 28C
Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:45 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Stop showing off you lot, I'm sitting at the computer covered in goose bumps.

My son got in the pool for the first time yesterday - came out after 4 minutes with blue lips.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Aahhhhhh Spring is in the air

Putting the clocks back in Uk soon....dark,wet,cold,dank...dear o dear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.