Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aaaarghhh, lodged bond but CO out of office.

Aaaarghhh, lodged bond but CO out of office.

Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:27 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down Aaaarghhh, lodged bond 11.02.05 but CO out of office until 30.03.05

Hi everyone,
Just had some really disappointing news. Was getting concerned that we lodged the bond 20 odd days ago and hadn't heard anything so e-mailed case officer to check that all paperwork had been received. I got an automated e-mail back saying that he was out of the office from 03.03.05 - 30.03.05, so unless he has handed his work over to someone else we won't hear anything for a while yet. By the time our CO returns to work we will be on 40+ days after lodging $100,000, is this the norm? Anyone else had to wait this long after lodging bond? Feel like I just want to scream and stamp my feet right now
On the upside, it should mean that we have until October to validate and they are not holding us to the 6 months because of Andrew's medical condition.

Sarah

Last edited by teach; Mar 11th 2005 at 6:50 am.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:15 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Aaaarghhh, lodged bond 11.02.05 but CO out of office until 30.03.05

Originally Posted by teach
Hi everyone,
Just had some really disappointing news. Was getting concerned that we lodged the bond 20 odd days ago and hadn't heard anything so e-mailed case officer to check that all paperwork had been received. I got an automated e-mail back saying that he was out of the office from 03.03.05 - 30.03.05, so unless he has handed his work over to someone else we won't hear anything for a while yet. By the time our CO returns to work we will be on 40+ days after lodging $100,000, is this the norm? Anyone else had to wait this long after lodging bond? Feel like I just want to scream and stamp my feet right now
On the upside, it should mean that we have until October to validate and they are not holding us to the 6 months because of Andrew's medical condition.

Sarah
Hi,
I've read this post again and it sounds as though I'm moaning. I'm not, honest. I'm just very disappointed to find out that our file probably won't be looked at again until end of the month.
Obviously I'm grateful that we are this far along but it's getting harder and harder living in limbo and with what if's as there is still a chance after jumping through all the hoops that they may still need more info regarding Andrew's diabetes, ex wife or kids.
Right got that off my chest now, good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Sarah
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:18 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
I've read this post again and it sounds as though I'm moaning. I'm not, honest. I'm just very disappointed to find out that our file probably won't be looked at again until end of the month.
Obviously I'm grateful that we are this far along but it's getting harder and harder living in limbo and with what if's as there is still a chance after jumping through all the hoops that they may still need more info regarding Andrew's diabetes, ex wife or kids.
Sarah

I think I'd be moaning, its like the last hurdle & someone has switched it to slow motion.
Hopefully someone has taken over his workload & you will hear very soon.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:22 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by Bordy
I think I'd be moaning, its like the last hurdle & someone has switched it to slow motion.

Thanks for your support Bordy.
Sarah
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy

I agree!! its just the not knowing...I`m sure that someone will take over your co....fingers crossed you get some news back soon.

Sue Karma on its way
Old Mar 12th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

heading_downunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Take heart teach. At least you know when your guy is coming back.

When I lodged my bond last week, and e-mailed my CO to let him know I'd done so (as he'd previously requested that I do) my e-mail bounced back saying that BE (his name) is not known on the DIMIA directory!!

I've since sent an e-mail to the DIMIA main e-mail addy but have had no response whatsoever yet. I am guessing that my particular CO has left DIMIA and gone on to pastures new....
Old Mar 12th 2005, 2:08 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by heading_downunder
Take heart teach. At least you know when your guy is coming back.

When I lodged my bond last week, and e-mailed my CO to let him know I'd done so (as he'd previously requested that I do) my e-mail bounced back saying that BE (his name) is not known on the DIMIA directory!!

I've since sent an e-mail to the DIMIA main e-mail addy but have had no response whatsoever yet. I am guessing that my particular CO has left DIMIA and gone on to pastures new....

Hi Heading_downunder,
My CO has same intitials, make sure you have double t in his surname, I kept getting this wrong and it kept bouncing back. I'll PM you with details of another contact in case we do have the same CO
Sarah
Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:33 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

You pretty much have the visas if they've requested the bond anyway so ...

If you're keen to go - sold the house and ready to fly - then phone dimia, get the name of a manager and ask them to help finalise the end phase.

If you're not - then just sweat it out. The final weeks are as bad as the first weeks but once the visa is in the passport - if you've got nothing to do with it like get on a plane then its of no use anyhoo.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 7:05 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
Sarah

Hi chick!!!

You have every right to have a bit of a moan - you've got this and now it seems like it's all on slow motion!!!!

Sream and stamp your feet girl - go on!!!! Or work out some agression on your trampette!!!!

Don't forget to let me know as soon as your get it!!!!!

Chat soon, love & Welsh hugs!!!!

Shell
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Mar 12th 2005, 8:47 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aaaarghhh, lodged bond but CO out of office.

Sarah, how frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

Like Spalen said, you pretty much have your visas if they've requested the bond.....hang in there!!!!!! You're nearly there!!!!!!!!

Petra
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

heading_downunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah

I just got your messege. You were right about the spelling! I feel a proper goof now.

Thanks for helping out!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:21 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by heading_downunder
Hi Sarah

I just got your messege. You were right about the spelling! I feel a proper goof now.

Thanks for helping out!
No probs, I kept getting it wrong too. I think it was all the anxiety. Good luck.
Sarah