Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aaaaargh ******* !!!!!

Aaaaargh ******* !!!!!

Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:48 pm
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future
Default Aaaaargh ******* !!!!!

Aaaaargh, I need to vent!

Short version:

Put house on market, 2 couples came to view - batted up the price to £3k over asking - accepted top offer 8th Sept (really surprised about this, as the couple who put the top bid in acted as if the house was made of poo the whole time they were viewing, and were frankly rude - plus their original bid was £7k less than the asking....... )

Then heard nothing for weeks! Chased estate agents, who chased buyer - where is the survey? Kept being reassured "all in hand".

Anyway, Thursday 9am (3 weeks from accepting the offer) finally get a phonecall from the surveyors who booked to come out Monday.

Then 2 hrs later, another phonecall from them saying that the mortgage company had been in touch with them and told them not to come out - no reason given!!!

Contacted estate agents, who rang buyer, who claims to know nothing and promised to ring mortgage company and get straight back to me. So far - NOTHING.

So, asked EAs to contact lower bidders to see if they are interested - yes, but at a bid £4k less than they made last time, and £2k less than the asking!!

Bloody hell, I am supposed to be starting my new job in Perth on Dec 2nd!

Have asked EAs to put the house back on the market, as the original buyers are now not answering the EAs! Have also asked them to contact lower bidders to see if they will meet me halfway at the asking price.

I KNEW it was all going too smoothly.....................
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aaaaargh @r$eh0le$ !!!!!

Originally Posted by GoingToOz
Aaaaargh, I need to vent!

Short version:

Put house on market, 2 couples came to view - batted up the price to £3k over asking - accepted top offer 8th Sept (really surprised about this, as the couple who put the top bid in acted as if the house was made of poo the whole time they were viewing, and were frankly rude - plus their original bid was £7k less than the asking....... )

Then heard nothing for weeks! Chased estate agents, who chased buyer - where is the survey? Kept being reassured "all in hand".

Anyway, Thursday 9am (3 weeks from accepting the offer) finally get a phonecall from the surveyors who booked to come out Monday.

Then 2 hrs later, another phonecall from them saying that the mortgage company had been in touch with them and told them not to come out - no reason given!!!

Contacted estate agents, who rang buyer, who claims to know nothing and promised to ring mortgage company and get straight back to me. So far - NOTHING.

So, asked EAs to contact lower bidders to see if they are interested - yes, but at a bid £4k less than they made last time, and £2k less than the asking!!

Bloody hell, I am supposed to be starting my new job in Perth on Dec 2nd!

Have asked EAs to put the house back on the market, as the original buyers are now not answering the EAs! Have also asked them to contact lower bidders to see if they will meet me halfway at the asking price.

I KNEW it was all going too smoothly.....................

you mention 2k,4k,5k........the people that originally offered you 2k above your asking are now saying they will buy at 2k below asking????????.....what are you waiting for....I personally would snatch their hand off......then again some people are greedy pigs.........pigs get slaughtered you know
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:10 pm
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by psb182
you mention 2k,4k,5k........the people that originally offered you 2k above your asking are now saying they will buy at 2k below asking????????.....what are you waiting for....I personally would snatch their hand off......then again some people are greedy pigs.........pigs get slaughtered you know
I know - I don't mean to sound greedy, but my house is not worth very much as it is, and I still owe most of the mortgage, so I am in a position where a couple of grand really will make a big difference. Especially as I am paying over 2 grand to ship my pets out

Please don't think I am greedy - just careful with my money, and very aggravated at idiot buyers
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:14 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

(really surprised about this, as the couple who put the top bid in acted as if the house was made of poo the whole time they were viewing, and were frankly rude - plus their original bid was £7k less than the asking....... )
All part of the art of buying a house, dont seem too interested (even when you are) then if you do reluctantly make an offer there is more chance of it being accepted.........good tactics.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

I know - I don't mean to sound greedy, but my house is not worth very much as it is, and I still owe most of the mortgage, so I am in a position where a couple of grand really will make a big difference. Especially as I am paying over 2 grand to ship my pets out

Please don't think I am greedy - just careful with my money, and very aggravated at idiot buyers

I really know what you mean every bit does help but in this mkt it is good to get only a 2k reduction from the asking price.......good luck to you but whatever you do I would not consider the first buyers if they came back in the picture unless they put a 5% non refundable deposit
Old Oct 1st 2005, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Selling a house is the most traumatic thing even when not emigrating, i remember a few yrs ago, my hair fell out , with the stress. Do they know how desperate you are, because it sounds as if they do, and they are playing games. I do understand that you need as much as you can, so dont give in to them. Im sure things will work out, good luck in your new job, in the beautiful Perth. Denise
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aaaaargh ******* !!!!!

We've been in this position. Can you suggest to them that whoever is fit to exchange first gets it. I've paid for surveys and searches before so that they only needed mortgage offers but I don't know if the owner can still comission these.

All other things being equal you should try to accept any half sensible offer. We refused one that we would now accept as we're living in Australia and paying comission to the agent and aren't coming anywhere close to covering the mortgage and can't look at anything to buy.