Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AA - RAC Reciprocal Memberships

AA - RAC Reciprocal Memberships

Old Apr 1st 2003, 2:09 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up AA - RAC Reciprocal Memberships

Before we left the UK I enquired as to whether my AA membership would be recognised in Australia, or if there were any reciprocal arrangements between the AA and Australian motoring organisations.

I was emphatically told there were no such arrangements and furthermore I couldn't cancel my UK membership.

Which was just as well, as I discovered yesterday that you can simply transfer your membership from the AA in the UK to the RAC over here in Australia.

Basically the dickhead at the AA in the UK was talking out of his arse.

This was handy for me as I'm having an RAC inspection on a car tomorrow and it's now going to be about $30.00 cheaper. Car and household insurance is cheaper too if you are a member (and use their products, natch).

In case anyone is interested it's a Mitsubishi Magna wagon (estate car), 3 litre V6, plenty to pull my caravan and my boat (not at the same time though.)

By the way we have hired a 6 berth campervan to go up north for 10 days in the school holidays, we will be stopping at Kalbarri, Denham, Coral Bay, Exmouth, Cape Range National Park (Ningaloo Reef). I bought a cool digital camera in Singapore so will have some pictures to post, it's even got an underwater housing for those whale shark pictures!!!

L8R

Dan & Cheryl
Old Apr 1st 2003, 11:01 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info as we too have RAC membership.

Dawn
Old Apr 4th 2003, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

Basic RACQ Membership is a damn site cheaper in QLD than the RAC/AA Fees in the UK. Like a fifth-the-price.

If there is reciprocity why wouldn't the existing UK RAC AA members sign just transfer to the Aussie Counterparts and reciprocal cover when they breakdown in the UK ?.

Reason. They haven't thought about it.

THE REAL Q IS:-

If I break a few spokes will the RACQ send a tow-truck to get me and the push iron out from the middle of nowhere ?