Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A380 basinet seats ?

A380 basinet seats ?

Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:06 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold
Default A380 basinet seats ?

Does anyone know which seats on the A380 are the basinet ones and/or which ones are the bulkhead seats ?

I'm also a bit confused as to the difference between the exit and bulkhead seats on the A380. I'll be flying with a 8 month old baby so would like a basinet or bulkhead seat.

Looking at the layout of the seating plan on the Singapore Air website (I bought my tickets on it) it doesn't say which ones are the basinet ones (I assume this is because they have already been booked) but the one I guess would be the bulkhead/basinet ones also seem to be the exits one for which under 15s are banned from having.

Can anyone help ? Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice
Default Re: A380 basinet seats ?

Originally Posted by BAY
Does anyone know which seats on the A380 are the basinet ones and/or which ones are the bulkhead seats ?

I'm also a bit confused as to the difference between the exit and bulkhead seats on the A380. I'll be flying with a 8 month old baby so would like a basinet or bulkhead seat.

Looking at the layout of the seating plan on the Singapore Air website (I bought my tickets on it) it doesn't say which ones are the basinet ones (I assume this is because they have already been booked) but the one I guess would be the bulkhead/basinet ones also seem to be the exits one for which under 15s are banned from having.

Can anyone help ? Thanks

Try this site
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Sin...irbus_A380.php
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:06 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by billymacker

Thanks for the link. It doesn't say which seats are the basinet ones though.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by BAY
Thanks for the link. It doesn't say which seats are the basinet ones though.
usally the bulkhead seats click on the dummy at the top it may say
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:31 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:54 am
Just Joined

sam-dal is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i dont know about the a380 but travelled singapore airlines had a basinet seat with a 4 month old baby and 3 kids they are at the front of each section and all it is ..... a baby cot fastens on the wall in front of your seat u get the extra leg room and the kids sit behind you if youve got a baby you should be automaticley given a basinet seat
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:13 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I would not assume you will get offered a basinett just for travelling with a baby. I would suggest calling Singapore airline customer services and make a request for one to be 100% sure. Then they will allocate you with the correct seats if available.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:00 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

It doesn't just happen automatically, you have to ask for it. Although if you turned up at the airport with no seats I'm sure they would try their best to shuffle people for you.

When we've flown with Qantas we've asked for the basinet seats months in advance. Every time they tell us they've got our request but there's no guarantee until you check in. Apparently if they were overbooked they'd go to the youngest babies. Both time we've flown with Qantas there have hardly been any babies on board and getting a basinet wasn't a problem. We've been flying Oz to LA to Canada though.